NAF got an award...

Bbee

I so wish I found this forum earlier this year. Everyone is so helpful :) I was unaware you could refuse to arbitrate. I was scared and agreed. The plaintiff won of course, and I am just waiting until I get a summons so they can make this award official.

I wonder if there is anything else I can do as I read somewhere is this forum that the " Award from the NAF" means nothing until they take it to court to enforce it!

I have also read many times that "licensing" is important and in my State (MA) it is required. The actual lawyer and Collection agency that won the award against me is not licensed in MA. Lawyer is from California and Collection agency is also from California and not licensed to collect debt in MA?

I'm sure they will hire a local attorney and make this award official. Anyone have any advice on what to do next? Should I make the first move and contact the State and make a complaint against the unlicensed CA? Will that make a difference or am I making the situation worse? I am not sure how to proceed?

Any advice would be great and so appreciated!

Thanks for the advice. Just a little background in this case. This is the second award from the NAF, the first one went to court and was dismissed because of improper service. They CA also got a default judgment which I got vacated. The CA sent the first award and summons to a former address.

My question is now, I may try again as the first time I was successful and go in alone without a lawyer, I just need an angle. I know this CA is not licensed or the attorney representing them and Massachusetts requires a license. They are breaking the law, I just need the right approach. Any advice??

I also noticed that the award has the correct address, but incorrect name still. I legally changed my name in 2002. I informed them, but the award was still put in my incorrect name? Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

PS. The NAF is a joke and I will never do that again. What an unfair system. After reading several horror stories I feel for everyone and am so glad I found this board.

Hi everyone!

As I suspected the CA was not licensed and I have made a formal complaint. Anyone every make a complaint against a CA and felt it was worth it in the end? Do they do anything to these CA? What should I expect?

Thanks!

RC gave good advice. You’re doing the background work on your file, but you really need a trained attorney to present the case to a Court that already knows you and they are dealing with scammers. It’s like trying to set your broken leg yourself the way you’re going about it presently. This case should have been dismissed with prejudice a long time ago.

There’s no doubt NAF and JDB have flawed and corrupted the process. I’m amazed the CA keeps coming back to you. They must be buffoons, or they are claiming you owe a bunch of cash they want their hooks into.

I would ask your attorney to file for a judgment against them for court costs at the next appearance. They won’t pay it, but any further legal action will be barred until they do. You are effectively shutting them down upon your file, and perhaps on any other Court action they wish to take in your county.

Good Luck.

do a search on my posts with NAF.. I fought them for years.. you do need a good NACA lawyer.. chances are they will get the judgement.. as a rule NAF awards are as good as a judgement.

you need a NACA person yesterday.. and NO you can't refuse arbitration.. that piece of paper is pointless... you are considered willing to arbitrate the second you used the card.