Sign in to follow this  
TPHicks

How to resolve?

I will have alot of questions the next few days. I am starting the road to credit repair, man this is a full time job lol! I did a online dispute with EX wednesday and yesterday evening when I check 2 of the disputes came back a CA account said "remains" and the other is a CO from a Wells Fargo Finance they stated "updated", what do these mean??? Also Wells Fargo reported on my CR that the account was sold so... What does that mean for me? I am not even sure this is my debt? I also haven't recieved a 1099, they also reported on my CR they wrote off $795 but the CA is asking for $880 can they do that? As so to date I have never recieved a dunn letter from the CA but oh have the calls been coming. They even treaten to sue me for not being responseable adult and taking care of my debt... SAGA...In regards to the calls my CR has Zenith Acquistion but the calls are coming from a different CA Hosto, Buchan, Prater, & Lawerence, P.L.L.C the guy on the phone told me that the past due amount was North Star Capital Acqusition but I was to make payments to them, I am not sure where to start on this one because there are too many people involved and I am not sure who to send what to?

Sorry this is long but it's day 1 on credit repair!

Thanks,

Paula

I did a online dispute with EX wednesday and yesterday evening when I check 2 of the disputes came back a CA account said "remains" and the other is a CO from a Wells Fargo Finance they stated "updated", what do these mean???

"Remains" means the furnisher verified that it was reporting correctly, the account will stay on your report.

"Updated" means the furnisher verified the account and changed something.

Also Wells Fargo reported on my CR that the account was sold so... What does that mean for me?

They sold it to a debt collector/junk debt buyer.

I am not even sure this is my debt?

Follow the proceedure listed at the top of the page; "Dispute with OC"

I also haven't recieved a 1099

You won't unless there is forgiven debt.

they also reported on my CR they wrote off $795 but the CA is asking for $880 can they do that?

Yes. Interest and fees.

As so to date I have never recieved a dunn letter from the CA but oh have the calls been coming. They even treaten to sue me for not being responseable adult and taking care of my debt... SAGA...In regards to the calls my CR has Zenith Acquistion but the calls are coming from a different CA Hosto, Buchan, Prater, & Lawerence, P.L.L.C the guy on the phone told me that the past due amount was North Star Capital Acqusition but I was to make payments to them, I am not sure where to start on this one because there are too many people involved and I am not sure who to send what to?

Stop talking to them on the phone and send a DV letter.

Sorry this is long but it's day 1 on credit repair!

No problem, ya' gotta' start someplace! Ask away.

-r