Should I make a settlement offer?

Bella710

Hey everyone. I was hoping somebody could offer me some advice. I owe $583 to Capital One. The debt is still within SOL and Cap One does their usual monthly reporting to the CRAs about the debt being charged off. I'm wondering if I should send them a settlement offer. It would be nice not to have to stress about this debt and not to have the charge off reported each month.

On one hand I'm afraid sending them a settlement offer will remind them about me and cause them to sue. On the other, I'm afraid not paying will get me sued. I really don't want to get sued.

Thoughts?

For $583, I'd say call them and see what you can work out. (Calling an OC...even Crap 1...is usually okay. They do have a reputation to uphold).

Give them the old "...gee whiz, golly, forgot all about you guys, oh my, really do like your company, my bad, how stupid, can I just send you a check...and, oh yeah, will you fix my credit report?..."