I could have sworn there were more threads about Macy's, but I can't find any that answer my question.

I got a Macy's card about 3 months ago with a CL of only $100 bucks. I've read that what they give everyone with limited/bad credit so I've made purchases, over $500 in all, on this card yet, they haven't bumped me up yet. Anyone know if they do this automatically or do I need to call them? If I do have to call, is it another INQ?

I had a Macy's/Lazarus card when I was temporarily insane living in Ohio 12 years ago. I closed the account some years ago when I came to my senses and moved back south to TN, as there are no Macy's stores within a hundred miles of here. It still shows on my CR's as a closed account with a good history. If there were a Macy's anywhere near where I lived I'd probably reactivate it.

I got the Best Buy back in March, my scores were close to what they are now, I added Hooters just last month and the CJ just last week. The FICO score that shows on my WAMU card account was in the mid 600's. I'd have to estimate my scores were in the upper 500's to the mid 600's.

This is from CB..apparently from an insider

Macy's Store Account CLI:

-Every 3 months.

-Payments must be on time and you can't currently be late.

-No report (soft/hard) is pulled unless your account has been inactive for the last 3 years or your account is currently closed (depends how long ago it was closed because we may still have a report on file).

-Increase is based on a program. The program focuses on your internal history with your Macy's account. We enter the amount you want and the program will tell us how much we can give you, or it will tell us the reason we can't give you anything.

There is absolutely no way around the 3 month period CLI for the store account.

Macy's Visa Account CLI-Standard is every 6 months, unless you get a CSR that doesn't know that rule.

-Payments must be on time and you can't currently be late.

-Last recorded FICO score must be 640 or greater or your VISA account will be closed (keep in mind the CSR has to notice your low FICO score before closing it, and most overlook it).

-No report(soft/hard) is pulled unless your account has been inactive for the last 3 years, or your account is currently closed (depends how long ago it was closed because we may still have a report on file).

-There is no program when requesting a CLI on the visa account. You tell the CSR how much you would like and the reason you'd like it increased, then you'll be placed on hold while a CSR manually reviews your account. They'll check your FICO, payment history, usage of current guideline, and weather or not you pay your bill in full.

The only way you can get by the 6 month period CLI for visa is if the CSR isn't paying attention.

rehab'ed acts like the I will get soon may have to wait at least 6 mos

I love my Macy's card. Of course I got it in Apr '07 and only JUST used it! LOL.

Of course I PIF before statement, however--when they IMMEDIATELY reported to the credit bureau's, they reported that balance! Wow, they're quick. They did not report this TL before my using it, another wierd thing.

I do love Macy's, I used to work there so I can't help it--but what I will say is how shocked I was that the store I worked at had better deals on clothes, than the other store that's local to me. Wierd. That's ok, I just go to my home store and save MUCH more. I watched this lady get entire baby outfits for just about 3.00 a set (spring/summer type wear, but still-not bad!).

Anyway, not sure how much I'll get to use it though so I am not anticipating any CLI on it...so, just the 100.00 I guess.

Elyse