Target Visa Upgrade

Okay guys I have had my Target store card since last July-I've gotten a cli from 200 to the current limit at $500 and no upgrade to visa! I've never been late and always use the card and pay more than minimum! I thought the usual pattern of Target was to upgrade to Visa after a year. Why is Target not showing me love.......... Any similar experiences?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a letter on Friday telling me I was getting upgraded to a Targest visa. New CL $4,000!!! :shock: I guess there really is no rhyme or reason. I was almost to the max on most of my cards but started to pay them down. This was totally unexpected. :woot: I did make 2 payments on the card last month. Paid them electronically twice, by mistake. :roll: I am no where near under 30% utilization. I was actually starting to plan to pay down all cards below at least 40% in the next month and a half so this is only MORE of a reason to stick to that plan. :lol: Want to decrease my DTI and hopefully keep it there! :p

Got a letter on Friday telling me I was getting upgraded to a Targest visa. New CL $4,000!!! :shock: I guess there really is no rhyme or reason. I was almost to the max on most of my cards but started to pay them down. This was totally unexpected. :woot: I did make 2 payments on the card last month. Paid them electronically twice, by mistake. :roll: I am no where near under 30% utilization. I was actually starting to plan to pay down all cards below at least 40% in the next month and a half so this is only MORE of a reason to stick to that plan. :lol: Want to decrease my DTI and hopefully keep it there! :p

OMG...When did you get your target red card? I don't remember...That is awesome...I just made my 2nd payment on both my cards. And still no increase yet...or target visa...WOW!!!

What was your limit to begin with?

Clever....Yes, they did a soft pull oddly enough on the same date they printed my statement.

Cav.......Got my card in 11/06 with a $200 CL and then they raised it to $500 a few months ago. :p So, maybe I just lucked out! I thought it was a mistake so I called and they said it will be in the mail by end of month. They give a couple of weeks for people to OPT out incase they don't want the CLI. I don't have to do anything just wait for it.

Clever....Yes, they did a soft pull oddly enough on the same date they printed my statement.

Cav.......Got my card in 11/06 with a $200 CL and then they raised it to $500 a few months ago. :p So, maybe I just lucked out! I thought it was a mistake so I called and they said it will be in the mail by end of month. They give a couple of weeks for people to OPT out incase they don't want the CLI. I don't have to do anything just wait for it.

So cool...i just got one in may and another in june...They haven't figured out that I have 2 red cards...i'm sure they will...Well you go Musey...and X-Mas is just around the corner.

Well you go Musey...and X-Mas is just around the corner.

I think that somehow has something to do with it. Incase, I hadn't mentioned my Walmart went from $300 to $600 2 weeks ago. I'm sure the creditors are anticipating the holidays around the corner. But DH & I have to stay in check or all this will be for nothing. xdancex

Congrats for you! Wow-4k??? OMG! You've had your card since 11/06 right? Dang that's less time than I have had mine and Target is showing me no love.....

I will have to be more patient I guess!

:shock: That's when they pulled mine. I hate having to wait until the end of next month though. I keep feeling they're going to realize they goofed and take it back. :-|

I'm pulling for ya! :goodluck:

Thanks for the reply! Can I ask you another question if you don't mind? How was your credit when they soft pulled ya? My Target card was at around 85% util. and most of my other cc were at high limits as well. (That's what I get for using credit to pay a few bills while on maternity leave). So my scores were def lower when they pulled my report. I would say in the upper 500's. So-I'm thinking I will probably not get an upgrade letter-but we'll see.

Thanks for the reply! Can I ask you another question if you don't mind? How was your credit when they soft pulled ya? My Target card was at around 85% util. and most of my other cc were at high limits as well. (That's what I get for using credit to pay a few bills while on maternity leave). So my scores were def lower when they pulled my report. I would say in the upper 500's. So-I'm thinking I will probably not get an upgrade letter-but we'll see.

So were mine! So there is still hope. :p I did make a double payment to them but my other cards, Orchard, Walmart, Chase, Macy's, etc are all at about 80-90% utilization. :oops: But, I just made more payments towards all these cards but were made AFTER they pulled my CR.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :p

No love for me either. I'm still at the stinking $200. But I just had 2 collections pop up on mine, so score tanked to mid-500s. Guess I'll have to wait for them another year!!!! Now if they would only stop pre-approving me for cards everytime I check out and realize that I obviously spend more there than they are giving me on my card!!!! :roll:

My story....

Got my red card in March of this year ($200) Little charges here and ther..paying but never really PIF. In June...auto increase to $500. Then this month I get the same letter as Muse....telling me I have till Sept 28 to opt out or they are going to transfer balances from red card to Target Visa with a CL of $3000...says I should recieve the card 7-10 days after the opt out period.

So yes it does happen...and Muse, I am with you....hope they don't find they made a mistake.

Well it's official.....I went online to pay my bill and sure enough in the credit limit line it now states $3000......The available balance still reflects what my red card was but I am sure that will change once the visa card arrives (according to their letter should be some time this week)

And to think....last year they denied me twice

Well it's official.....I went online to pay my bill and sure enough in the credit limit line it now states $3000......The available balance still reflects what my red card was but I am sure that will change once the visa card arrives (according to their letter should be some time this week)

And to think....last year they denied me twice

I hope that I am next in line to receive that kind of love.

Congratulations!!!

Congrats Aussie! WOW these limits are awesome! I think Target has forgotten me......no I really just think they haven't upgrade me because of my current high limits on almost all my cards. I'm gonna pay then down and then hopefully come next review time, I'll be posting about my upgrade! :-) I'll keep you guys updated!