True Credit Bumping

akins503

I have bumped all my transunion inquiries except one. It took about 45 days of pulling everyday to see results. I went from 11 down to 1. I have been stuck at 1 for about 2-3 weeks. Anyone else have this problem. Should I keep pulling or just let this one go. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have bumped all my transunion inquiries except one. It took about 45 days of pulling everyday to see results. I went from 11 down to 1. I have been stuck at 1 for about 2-3 weeks. Anyone else have this problem. Should I keep pulling or just let this one go. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

how did u do that any ways, by regular dispute?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all you're bumping is "soft" inquiries. Those are just little tick marks on your reports that says "somebody looked at my credit"...not the "somebody's checking to see if they should lend me money" kind. Its the latter...the "hard" inquiry... that counts against you in some of the FICO scoring models.

Personally, I don't see the advantage to bumping. And, I'm certain that its not illegal or immoral. Credit reports ARE NOT legal documents. You have not sworn an oath that its accurate...inaccuracies that work in your favor are good things (if you want to have more credit). CRs are not admissable as evidence in a court of law...except as evidence against someone who is reporting inaccuracies that cost you money.

Okay, well here's an interesting twist...

IT IS ILLEGAL FOR A CREDIT BUREAU TO REMOVE AN INQUIRY FROM A CONSUMER CREDIT REPORT BEFORE 24 MONTHS.

Read http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260358

...which basically says that while bumping may make inquiries disappear from view by a creditor, they should always be viewable to you. If the baddies disappear from your pulls, somethings wrong...

And, upon further review, I think we're wandering into the "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" category. Do a search on "hard soft inquiry" by uwackme

I think the bottom line here is that there is only one "list" of inquiries...it contains ALL inquiries for the last 24 months BY LAW. The CRAs have found a loophole in the law that lets them sell some creditors the "who you tried to borrow money from" list. Your bumping does not delete anyone from that list...only time will do that. Your bumping MAY shorten the list of inquiries that you see...it MIGHT NOT shorten the list creditors see.