Auto Loan Story

This week I bought an Envoy for $20k. They made me put 6k down. The next day my fiance' went for his $24k truck F350. He has limited credit (700 One of his own, 3 authorized on mine, 1 ca, and one CO) after all these deletes! I still have 33 TL', 5 derogs, 2 slow pays, and 1 judgment on my account. Because of his limited credit he qualified for 12k and they asked me to cosign. I told them it was a waste of time (638 score) and it came back approved. So.... can someone PLEASE explain to me why I can only afford to buy a $14k vehicle, but yet I can cosign for $24k. Isn't that the biggest crock you have heard! LOL

Yes thank you. I live with him and I paid the bills. I made sure I am on title too JIC. I didn't like the idea that this added another amount to my monthly debt while planning on refinancing my house, but I am self employed. Guess it is time to start showing some income. ;-)