paid judgement reporting as unpaid- what do I do?

teacherofec

I had the same thing happen, I just called the court where the judgment was entered and asked what needed to be done, she said the attorney for the other party has to enter a satisfaction of judgment, in my case they already had but it hadn't been entered into the system. I would just call the courthouse and tell them you think it was paid and ask them what to do from there. Good luck!

What he/she said...

Judgments are legal actions and, as such, require a proper disposition. 'Paid' is not a disposition, so EX is actually reporting correctly. {It is possible to get the paid status added to your CR's. It's a waste of time IMHO since you still need to obtain, get recorded and have a disposition added.}

In some states it's the plaintiff's responsibility to obtain a Satisfaction upon payment. If your state isn't one of them, you may be able to do it yourself. The Clerk of Courts can provide the details or contact a local attorney. Be sure to have the document RECORDED in Public Records. This is a separate step involving fees {usually minimal} but is imperative if you own property.