avoiding my letters

loganlovesme

As soon as I disputed a collection with CRA's (Pinnacle financial) they started calling me to collect. I told them that I would not speak with them, they needed to correspond in writing. They sent me a bill, and I responded with a PFD letter. The guy I originally spoke with, has called me everyday since they received my letter ( I sent it CMRRR) It has been about 10 days. He leaves messages like "I am just wondering if you received the letter I sent you, contact me back so we can resolve this...blah blah"

my question: Should I continue to wait for a written reply to my PFD letter or should I call him and see what the deal is?

Do NOT call them. Notify them in writing to cease all calls and tell them to correspond only via USPS. They must cease and desist all collection activity from the time you contact them disputing the issue, until they validate. A simply copy of a bill from a OC does not constitute validation. There is much more to it than that.

Lawyer up and sue them. You can find a local attorney in your state with experience here -> http://www.naca.net/

Do NOT call them. Notify them in writing to cease all calls and tell them to correspond only via USPS. They must cease and desist all collection activity from the time you contact them disputing the issue, until they validate. A simply copy of a bill from a OC does not constitute validation. There is much more to it than that.

Lawyer up and sue them. You can find a local attorney in your state with experience here -> http://www.naca.net/

I'm sorry but..."What????" What on earth would the lawsuit be based on??

Since you stated that they have in fact validated the debt, and that it has only been about 10 days since you sent in the PFD, I would really give it some time. The information has probably not gotten passed down the food chain to the annoying callers...it's usually all computer generated anyway.

Give it a week or so more and then send them another letter.

I'm sorry but..."What????" What on earth would the lawsuit be based on??

First, I'm not the orignal poster. Second, once notifying them to cease calling, and they did not, they are in violation of 15 USC 1692c© and 15 USC 1692d(5). It is not okay for them to hound you. That's what registered USPS return receipt is for.

If you read through the threads, you'll notice that there has been numerous discussions that there is no such thing as a limited cease & desist.

Your advice in regards to stopping collection activity once they recieve the dispute, is only good if the OP responded in the initial 30 days. It also only lasts until they validate the debt. If you read the OP's repsonses, the CA has validated the debt.

Lawsuits should not be the first thing you consider nor should it be the first thing you recommend.

If you read through the threads, you'll notice that there has been numerous discussions that there is no such thing as a limited cease & desist.

Your advice in regards to stopping collection activity once they recieve the dispute, is only good if the OP responded in the initial 30 days. It also only lasts until they validate the debt. If you read the OP's repsonses, the CA has validated the debt.

Lawsuits should not be the first thing you consider nor should it be the first thing you recommend.

There is a huge difference between cease and desist collection activity and the request to cease all calls. I think this is where you are confusing what is being said.

However, I hope you have a great day, and I advise that we NEVER give up ANY right to not only point out violations of the FDCPA, but to have a consumer take action on it as soon as possible. Period. (remember there is also a statute of limitations to take that action) The sooner you consult counsel and take the matter to the courts, the better.