List of Credit Monitoring Sites for Inquiring Minds

isislc

Yeah! I'm glad I could help someone.I didnt want to make it clickable as they may see tons of referrals from this forum and then take it down.

I signed up several weeks ago. It took 2-3 days to get fully setup ( I had to call to confirm my identity), there was no free month,...but its worth the savings.

I'm being billed correctly and they are nice over the phone.

I get emails notifying me of every change to my credit report almost immediately... BOFA made an inquiry and I was notified the next day.

http://www.myprivatecredit.com

3 Reports + 1 Score

View credit reports from three national credit repositories!

Learn what Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion are reporting. Compare the differences in your credit files side-by-side in one combined report.

Only $19.95

Include all 3 scores for an additional $14.95.

Not sure if these are actual scores, check em out...I did not sign up, I can still use TC

PRIVACY MATTERS

I got this from Fatwallet:

To 'cancel' and get the $29.95/yr offer, place a call to their automated toll-free number. From there, choose the option of: 'If you had a question about charges or fees' and then choose the option to 'cancel service'. Once you attempt to cancel, it offered me the special offer of $29.95/yr.

Apparently, they will offer you $29.95 a year (non-recurring) to keep you from cancelling.:shock:

Promo Codes:

- 766318 to enroll yourself

- 766319 to enroll you "and your spouse" (but i have a feeling this could be any second person)

That bothers me...The CRA's are already selling skip tracing...signing up for anything like that with a significant other would increase the likely hood of them connecting you to your spouses debts or possible adress. I would avoid that...if you want both to have a service, sign up seperately...

I'm going to address 2 things in my post in regards to Credit Monitoring.

First, I have been shopping all morning the different websites offered in this message thread. Great job!

WARNING: privacymatters.com. Strangely enough, McAfee (virus/net monitor) identified this website as a dangerous place. Further research revealed they tend to mislead customers and make unauthorized charges to the credit card you use in signing up with them.

I hope my alert helps someone not get ripped off.

Second, I have run into obsticles either in trying to sign up with, or reading posted FAQs on these web links. The thing is, I do not subscribe to telephone service. The online sign up forms require you to have a telephone and the FAQs indicate that you need to dial a 1-800 number in order to cancel, ect ect. I am lucky enough to have cheap internet service and have had no problems banking/shopping/paying bills online.

Is anyone else in this same situation that can give advice on who to go with for credit monitoring?

Thank you!

StressPot :)++

Second, I have run into obsticles either in trying to sign up with, or reading posted FAQs on these web links. The thing is, I do not subscribe to telephone service. The online sign up forms require you to have a telephone and the FAQs indicate that you need to dial a 1-800 number in order to cancel, ect ect.

StressPot :)++

Have you tried looking at Skype? These services are not only for credit monitoring, but to also protect your identity. Its important that they verify that you are who you say you are.

When TC started terminating folks, I signed up with National City. They appear to be the cheapest daily puller at $8.95 a month, $14.95 for a husband and wife. Their website is a little funky, but you do NOT have to be a cardholder to get NC. They are my recommendation.

I hate Privacy Matters login procedures, I might have to check this out.