isislc

List of Credit Monitoring Sites for Inquiring Minds

Either USAA made it easier to refresh with CreditCheck Monitoring or I started paying attention.

From Logon, there's a Customized Dashboard showing CreditCheck Monitoring.

Click it, PIN, SSN, and Refresh.

So, do you all feel that the USAA monitoring service is the best deal?

USAA seems to want you to become a member, and from what I tell that means you need to be affiliated with the military in some way. Is there any credit monitoring service that you can pull all three reports without being a member of a bank, military, etc. ?

USAA seems to want you to become a member, and from what I tell that means you need to be affiliated with the military in some way. Is there any credit monitoring service that you can pull all three reports without being a member of a bank, military, etc. ?

USAA has opened many of its services to all, including those without family military affiliation. You do not need military affiliation in order to get the credit monitoring service. Click on "Other Individuals" at the link below:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=why_choose_usaa_eligibility_main&wa_ref=wcu_main_is_usaa_for_you

After doing a good bit of research USAA seems to be the best/cheapest. If you want max daily soft pulls, and you have Amex, the best combo atm is MPM+CS+USAA.

A system error has occurred during processing. Please try again later. (25:8)

Can't sign up for USAA. Both Firefox and IE for the past two days.

I just signed up for Costco's service for $9.49 a month. The detailed credit report isn't all that detailed, but if all you really want are credit scores and to see if new stuff pops up or if old stuff drops off, it's not a bad deal.

I have used a few of these and what I have found is that if you call and try to cancel they drop the price by 50% just to get you to stay

USAA is one of the best and as a member it's only 5.50 per month with unlimit new pulls. Only problem is when we fileed it had USAA as one of the cards that I filed against. So they discontinued my membership after 36 years with them. Now I am looking for the site that has unlimited new pulls for short money. Wouldn't mind a site that allows a dual membership for the wife and me for a single fee. Any thoughs on best plan?

and as a member it's only 5.50 per month with unlimit new pulls. Only problem is when we fileed it had USAA as one of the cards that I filed against. So they discontinued my membership after 36 years with them. Now I am looking for the site that has unlimited new pulls for short money. Wouldn't mind a site that allows a dual membership for the wife and me for a single fee. Any thoughs on best plan?

10-25-2010 11:07 PM

jacob Thanks for the list. Checked out the sites. They are definitely worth spending time browsing

10-17-2010 11:59 PM

RudyG I have used a few of these and what I have found is that if you call and try to cancel they drop the price by 50% just to get you to stay

Exactly what happen to me and we, wife and me joined in 1975 and they kicked us out after all that time. And did you notiice that car insurance went up after filiog. That's what wrong with this country. You hit a bump in the road and companies abandon you. Let me know if you find a good monitoring site. Like to be able to pull once a week if possible without having to take out a mortgage to pay for monitoring service

Good Luck.

After doing a good bit of research USAA seems to be the best/cheapest. If you want max daily soft pulls, and you have Amex, the best combo atm is MPM+CS+USAA.

Checked out the USAA site, and they state "USAA has teamed with ConsumerInfo.com®, an Experian company". This is the same as FreeCreditScore.com.

:idea:Have been researching Credit Monitoring and the guy that wrote the article below warns against Experian, as they don't provide a true FICO score. This is the best, and most comprehensive, article on the subject I've found so far:

(Can't link to it since I"m a newbie, so you'll have to Google it. The website is moneybluebook.com, and the title of the article is "FICO Score vs Credit Score: Do You Know Your FICO Credit Score?" He makes six recommendations, and list five to avoid. He also supports each of his picks and pans quite well.)

Hope you find it interesting. :rolleyes:

Edited by somaguy
Delete Subscription to Emails (Jeeez!)

I am not concerned about my score, I would just like to have access to our reports (wife and mine) more than the annual free reports.

Is there anything like that for a good price?

I am not concerned about my score, I would just like to have access to our reports (wife and mine) more than the annual free reports.

Is there anything like that for a good price?

Seems as though this has been updated in a while and I too would like the latest info! Anybody know the best answer for 2012?

:)++

Do Not use creditreport.com. It sucks!!! I read on another thread that this was a good place to go. Not quite.

I would also like to know

Edited by cajun_duck

Well I'm just using CreditKeeper to monitor my changes and three scores. Can only pull it once a month and they go to the minute. Tonight I can pull mine after 2:52am because that's the time I pulled last one. It is run by Experian so take it for what it's worth. Also I filed a number of disputes thru them and all I had to do was go over report with them and they did all the filings and ever thing, but it took 45 days for answer. But it did wonders for my credit scores

Find out your current credit situation. Review and monitor your reports from the top 3 credit bureaus today.

Credit ReportYour Credit Report includes the following sections:

Your personal information

Credit and account history about your current and past credit status

Public records includes bankruptcy, court records and tax liens

Credit inquiries of those who obtained your credit reports

Personal Credit ScorePersonal Credit Scores based on your credit reports and calculated using the CreditXpert scoring model, include:

Analysis of how you rate compared to the US population

Your score category (Very Poor to Excellent)

Top factors that impact your score

Credit Report MonitoringCreditKeeper monitors your report daily – you will be notified by email when:

New accounts are opened in your name

Derogatory information is posted in your credit report

Inquiries are reported

You will also be notified monthly if there are NO changes

They charge $9.99 per month and the charge is the day of month you sign up, not pull date.

Experian - 729

Equifax - 699

TransUnion - 724