I hate dealing with financial institutions

debtmamma

haa haa. I wish we had a Tot Spot here for short term day care to be able to take care of the little ones while handling business. I just had a period where my babysitter ended up in ICU for over a month and was stuck in a bind. Our schedules were arranged enough where the kids would be alone for only 1.5 hours and they could call me if there were a problem. Hmm, neat concept for a new business venture. Most daycares nowadays say they will only take your kids for 6-9 hrs a day. How about a daycare that will take them for 2-3hrs a day? Would be kind of cool.

Check out your YMCA. They have hourly daycare. At mine you don't even need to be a member. It just cost a small fee.

Hey all,

I rarely post anything, but i am here everyday. I've closed hundreds of millions of dollars in loans and i just have to say that it's about respect, what you are wearing and who you have along with you when applying for a loan SHOULD be irrelevant. Wearing a 3 piece suit does not make you anymore credible. People with horrendous credit are just as capable as putting on a nice looking suit as are people with outstanding credit. One of my husband's best friends is a billionire (seriously) and you would NEVER know it, until he pulled off in his bentley of course. But he dresses like a biker and wears the same black leather vest to every event that we attend.

How can you respect someone when they come to you for money and they can't even give you their full attention because they have a child on their lap?

Does anyone remember the Sex in the City episode where Samantha got upset about the child being in the nice restaurant. She went over to say something and the child threw his food at her!! lol

The point is that there are places where children don't belong. They should not be at any movie that isn't rated G. They should not be at any restaurant that doesn't have a kids menu. They should not be with you any time you need to sit down and sign numerous pieces of paper.

Like it or not there are some of us who DON"T have children and should not have to deal with them while trying to conduct business or trying to enjoy ourselves.

Like it or not there are some of us who DON"T have children and should not have to deal with them while trying to conduct business or trying to enjoy ourselves.

You must have a hard time trying to enjoy doing anything then since about 80-90% of marketing is targeted towards families. Also, unless you have a fence surrounding you, you're going to have to have a hard time avoiding them alltogether.

Aadam I can appreciate not wanting to hear a screaming kid. My son is quiet generally well behaved in public. Most banks have descent size offices and my son gets comfortable drawing a picture or reading. I usually walk in, take my son to the restroom, get him situated and then sign in. I always keep a bottle of water with us too.

They were not big loans, and I come "prepared." I ALWAYS call before making a trip to find out what I need. Not only for the rep but for us. We use public transportation and I'm not about to waste a day traveling because I am missing a document or it is not something that I should doing in the first place. If anything it annoys me when I get the standard response on the phone and a rep will say oh come in blah blah and I will very politely ask for a supervisor because I need to know more before I make a trip.

I don't even spend a long time in stores. For example we walked to wal-mart 3x in the past week. 1x to buy me some clothing a second time to buy my son clothing, and a third time to wait in the long line and buy money orders. I could have done it all at once but I would have had a super crankyyyyy kid. There are some things that need to be done, regardless if a kid is whining or not but a credit building loan and new socks don't fit in the category! :mrgreen:

They were small loans:

$500 CC, $300 signature loan, $1100 auto loan on a car with a 5K value. Again, one of the CU was a place I've had dd with for over 2 years, and walk in usually 1x per week.

It just gets old. I only doing biz with them now because I need the types of TL they offer me. LOL If anything makes me want to save it's just to avoid dealing with financial institutions! I found a good alternative - online applications. It's wrong though whensomeone walks in and the rep refuses to complete an application from start to finish. I think that is what I'm getting that. I'm not saying be approved for it but they should not be blowing people off when they are just applying for it.

I think the attitude of having kids along is bull! Op please consider finding a small home town bank or credit union.Develop a good personal relationship with the managers. When I need money I call my manager and sign the papers when I have time.This is a very nice perk to small banking.

THANKS :) It should be about what it is about, do you qualify for the loan. The rep is basically just capturing the information anyway they are not a decision maker, at least with the places I have dealt with.

Not everyone has the luxury of nice clothing, childcare, and a job where they can just take off in the middle of the day to sign something because the rep forgot something the first time. I can't imagine how they treat people with special needs. The sad thing is this is a small CU I felt like I had a relationship with

You must have a hard time trying to enjoy doing anything then since about 80-90% of marketing is targeted towards families. Also, unless you have a fence surrounding you, you're going to have to have a hard time avoiding them alltogether.

You're right banks do gear their marketing towards families. Look at all the children getting loans these day! The new Halloween movie was certainly marketed towards families. My favorite restaurant called TEQUILAS certainly is too! I recently had to deal with children in both of those places. Children just don't belong in places like that. You can't just make up a statistic. lol:rolleyes:

It is much more laid back here....type of clothes aren't an issue when you have the million dollar crowd showing up in tanks or frayed blue jeans.You can't really judge who has the money. I don't really notice a difference whether I show up in a suit after work or shorts during off hours....kids, eh?, don't even know why that would be a problem. Too old to remeber how I felt towing kids around way back when:p If I were treated badly though, I would be writing the honcho about the extremely poor customer service treatment. Adam, professional environment because you are dealing with junior college grads? Give me a break!

It is much more laid back here....type of clothes aren't an issue when you have the million dollar crowd showing up in tanks or frayed blue jeans.You can't really judge who has the money. I don't really notice a difference whether I show up in a suit after work or shorts during off hours....kids, eh?, don't even know why that would be a problem. Too old to remeber how I felt towing kids around way back when:p If I were treated badly though, I would be writing the honcho about the extremely poor customer service treatment. Adam, professional environment because you are dealing with junior college grads? Give me a break!

It doesn't really matter who you are dealing with. You are sitting down to fill out paperwork to ask someone for money. At the very least the kids should not be with you. I understand not everyone has babysitters and such. It's unfortunate but I don't blame the bank one bit. It's a business. If a child is going to disrupt business then the child should not be there. You are filling out legal paperwork and 100% of your attention should be on your business not your children.

I remember when I worked in retail, There were people who would let their TODDLERS just roam free while the moms would just shop and not pay any attention to what they were doing. One time a child who couldn't have been more than 2 years old made it all the way out the front door. The mom was busy trying on makeup. :evil: I brought the kid back inside and told the mom she was going to have to leave unless she was going to hold the child. She didn't like it one bit but I didn't feel bad about it. I had many run ins with mothers about this sort of thing. They need to be more responsible.

This rant isn't directed towards you OP. I'm not saying you have done any of those things. However, the bank employees have probably had to deal with stuff like this before and they are probably just fed up. I know I was.

Well that's pretty damn arrogant and you're being an idiot now, "the mother needs to be more responsible" . You should also read the full post instead of jumping in and speaking out about it when you obviously didn't, I know I said 80-90% of marketing being targeted towards families. Also, instead of just blaming this on the mothers, why not start talking about the men that had their responsibility with these kids you don't want to be around. I'm sorry you're so miserable with people that enjoy having families and prefer not to be anti-social. You might want to think about buying your own island and living there with a "no kids" rule because whether you like it or not they are always going to be around and you will always have to be inconvenienced. If this isn't a rant against OP you really need to look at what you have been saying because it reads like nothing more than attacks on women in general.

Well that's pretty damn arrogant and you're being an idiot now, "the mother needs to be more responsible" . You should also read the full post instead of jumping in and speaking out about it when you obviously didn't, I know I said 80-90% of marketing being targeted towards families. Also, instead of just blaming this on the mothers, why not start talking about the men that had their responsibility with these kids you don't want to be around. I'm sorry you're so miserable with people that enjoy having families and prefer not to be anti-social. You might want to think about buying your own island and living there with a "no kids" rule because whether you like it or not they are always going to be around and you will always have to be inconvenienced. If this isn't a rant against OP you really need to look at what you have been saying because it reads like nothing more than attacks on women in general.

I did read the whole thread. I am only speaking about what I have witnessed myself. I don't know where the father's are. All I know is that the MOTHER brought the kid shopping. She decided that trying on makeup was more important than watching her 2 year old. As I said, the child was OUTSIDE! Should I have done nothing? Should I have just left the child and hope he doesn't get kidnapped or run over by a car? THIS particular mother needs to be responsible for her child as well as many others. This was pretty typical of the women at the place where I worked. For some reason once they start shopping they forget they have children.

I currently work for the welfare department. I do have a problem with the women who don't know when to stop having children. I constantly see people who are under 30 and have 5 or 6 children. The children spend their entire life in poverty. They typically don't have the same father. I'm not defending the fathers but I do question why the women don't learn their lesson?? The men ALWAYS leave but yet they continue to have children with new men. The children are often in and out of foster care and never have a chance for a normal life all because of irresponsible parents.

Just to be fair I have a problem with a certain group of men as well. We have a lot of young men who are too damn lazy to go out and get a job. They are typically under 30. Once they have not worked for 12 months they qualify for free health insurance. This health insurance that is given to these lazy people is often better than mine and yours!

Ok, NOW I understand where most of this is coming from! My mom and step-dad both worked for welfare for decades and YES, there are lots of very irresponsible people there. Unfortunately there is a very small percentage that, from what I've seen, that had a run of bad luck and need the help and it truly helps them rebound. I'm not even gonna go over this part of the topic anymore because that's a whole other issue that makes me fume so bad with the system! lol

You do have to keep in mind, sometimes we don't have a choice as to whether to bring the kids or not. I myself prefer to leave the baby at home so I can keep my full attention on the business I'm taking care of. Recently my babysitter ended up in ICU and was stuck there for over a month. I was pretty much stuck in that bind the whole time cuz you really can't find babysitters to trust or day cares that can take the kids for a couple of hours at a time here. It's either 6 or more hours of service they give you.

It's not even really the fact that kids are taken to places. I personally don't allow my 9 year old to see movies like Halloween but my retarded sister lets her 6 and 8 year old and she thinks it's funny. Yes, there are some places that it is preferred that they do not go. There are times I take the baby with to a restaurant and he's a gem, others where he's outright screaming. I usually get right up with him and take him outside so to not disturb anyone else.

A lot of companies, have realized this and try to be accommodating with little play areas with coloring and toys or even short term babysitters till business is complete. I think that's great. But what it all comes down to is responsibility. I have no problems with kids being anywhere as long as the parents have some common sense and responsibility over the behavior of the kids and the type of setting they are taking them into. That is more the root of the problem I think. Can someone fill out loan papers without the disburbance of the kids screaming. Maybe yes, maybe no. I know my kid can't sit still to save his life so i try to leave him behind when I can. lol

By the way it was nice of you to watch after the little one even though the woman may have not appreciated it.

Ok, NOW I understand where most of this is coming from! My mom and step-dad both worked for welfare for decades and YES, there are lots of very irresponsible people there. Unfortunately there is a very small percentage that, from what I've seen, that had a run of bad luck and need the help and it truly helps them rebound. I'm not even gonna go over this part of the topic anymore because that's a whole other issue that makes me fume so bad with the system! lol

You do have to keep in mind, sometimes we don't have a choice as to whether to bring the kids or not. I myself prefer to leave the baby at home so I can keep my full attention on the business I'm taking care of. Recently my babysitter ended up in ICU and was stuck there for over a month. I was pretty much stuck in that bind the whole time cuz you really can't find babysitters to trust or day cares that can take the kids for a couple of hours at a time here. It's either 6 or more hours of service they give you.

It's not even really the fact that kids are taken to places. I personally don't allow my 9 year old to see movies like Halloween but my retarded sister lets her 6 and 8 year old and she thinks it's funny. Yes, there are some places that it is preferred that they do not go. There are times I take the baby with to a restaurant and he's a gem, others where he's outright screaming. I usually get right up with him and take him outside so to not disturb anyone else.

A lot of companies, have realized this and try to be accommodating with little play areas with coloring and toys or even short term babysitters till business is complete. I think that's great. But what it all comes down to is responsibility. I have no problems with kids being anywhere as long as the parents have some common sense and responsibility over the behavior of the kids and the type of setting they are taking them into. That is more the root of the problem I think. Can someone fill out loan papers without the disburbance of the kids screaming. Maybe yes, maybe no. I know my kid can't sit still to save his life so i try to leave him behind when I can. lol

By the way it was nice of you to watch after the little one even though the woman may have not appreciated it.

Again OP this is not directed towards you and this is really off topic.

The problem with the entire welfare system is that we do very little try to keep these people from having more children. Then before you know it the 13 year old daughter is having a baby of her own and the cycle starts all over again. Once your child reaches a certain age welfare requires you to get a job. Well, these girls just pop out another baby and then they don't ever have to work. There has to be a better solution than this.

I have a neighbor who is having her fourth child. Baby #1 and #3 are currently in foster care. I'm not sure why she has custody of #2. This should be ILLEGAL. They should force these women to take birth control or go to jail.

I do work with some people that actually need help. I'm not as cold-hearted as I sound. However, those people are rare because they are the ones who don't stay on welfare forever. They use it temporarily to get by but then pick themselves back up. There are not enough people like that.

Should this be moved to off-topic...seeing as how that's how the conversation is going?

I'll move it there now. :p

I do work with some people that actually need help. I'm not as cold-hearted as I sound. However, those people are rare because they are the ones who don't stay on welfare forever. They use it temporarily to get by but then pick themselves back up. There are not enough people like that.

That's very true. Without going into too much detail, I have needed some amount of help form people and I have gotten it and used it to make myself a better person. Without it, I'm not sure i would be here where I am today. It wasn't welfare or anything like that, but I did get "scared straight" in a manner of speaking.