JDB as CA? Can I sue if not licensed?

Hey everyone!

Midland Management bought my charge off. They never dunned me and sent to collections with J.A. Cambece (scum).

NEITHER are licensed in my state (IN). According to what I have read, JDBs are considered collection agencies.

Can BOTH be sued for trying to collect in my state? If so, what statue? What's the award amount? Can JDB (Midland) be accountable for hiring someone not licensed or do they have to be licensed too?

I know that they have to be licensed, but I want to sue them if possible. Everyone else has to pay the $5000.00 IN license, so should they if they want to harrass people!

Any advice helpful...thanks!

Sue them and let them counter for the money that you walked away from.

So I can sue them because they aren't licensed?

That's cool! I think I will.

I am so sick of these jokers jerking us around. I DO NOT OWE them, I had a dispute with the OC and they were letting it go, didn't even report it as bad. Now these guys come along and buy it and harrass us and my MIL...and I find out they have no license to begin with!

I am awaiting validation so that I have them on another violation, and then send them one more "nice" letter, wait for non-compliance and go for the kill!!

:twisted:

If I come across companies that are not licensed in MY state, I bring them to the attention of the state licensing department. The state can then harrass them about not getting licensed, doing education, posting bonds, or whatever requirements they are avoiding to do business lawfully. I believe the violators also get a CEASE and DESIST order, too.

:lol:

If I come across companies that are not licensed in MY state, I bring them to the attention of the state licensing department. The state can then harrass them about not getting licensed, doing education, posting bonds, or whatever requirements they are avoiding to do business lawfully. I believe the violators also get a CEASE and DESIST order, too.

:lol:

GREAT IDEA!!