Do you apply mostly online or in store?

My experience is that in the store is better. Lowe's, Home Depot, Target, Circuit City Chase...all were approved after my BK7 when I had a sizable purchase in my hand at the register. I guess they figure there's a chance that you either can't afford to purchase without an approval OR you'll get annoyed and walk out without making the purchase if they deny. Not 100% sure, just anecdotal based on my personal experience. Good luck.

My experience is that in the store is better. Lowe's, Home Depot, Target, Circuit City Chase...all were approved after my BK7 when I had a sizable purchase in my hand at the register. I guess they figure there's a chance that you either can't afford to purchase without an approval OR you'll get annoyed and walk out without making the purchase if they deny. Not 100% sure, just anecdotal based on my personal experience. Good luck.

I wonder if they will do CLI that way, I'm going to make a big purchase at Best Buy next month, that will be over my CL on their card. I'll try to make them think I won't purchase without the limit increase.

I go Credit Pulls Database to see the typical approvals. (You do need to register but the database is much better, IMO.

Always on-line. I can't stand the face-to-face shame of being declined.

-r

All mine are online also, I don't want the face to face rejection, although I've been doing pretty good on approvals.