How to find out if the attorney is licensed in your state?

Okie

I am in Oklahoma with an ongoing, never ending litagation with a collection attorney. I have read state statutes but have yet to find anything about a license requirement for collection attorneys. I did find a statute stating if no proof of ownership is given, then defendant can pay the OC. They, of course, danced around this question in my interrogatories. I was reading the thread about suing for lack of license and surmissed this was a federal requirement? If so, could someone direct me on how to find out the license requirement and where to look to valid the attorney's license in Oklahoma.

Thanks

Okie

I am in Oklahoma with an ongoing, never ending litagation with a collection attorney. I have read state statutes but have yet to find anything about a license requirement for collection attorneys. I did find a statute stating if no proof of ownership is given, then defendant can pay the OC. They, of course, danced around this question in my interrogatories. I was reading the thread about suing for lack of license and surmissed this was a federal requirement? If so, could someone direct me on how to find out the license requirement and where to look to valid the attorney's license in Oklahoma.

Thanks

Okie

Can you please tell me where that thread is about suing for lack of license?

Thanks!

Donna,

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't you know that my state is one of the few that doesn't require these sharks to have a license! No wonder they are flooding the civil courts and the courts are letting them win.The thread you asked about is on page 2 of this same sub topic and is titled------ -Hired an attorney to go after Brachfeld & Associates. Good Luck!