Advice. Company went bankrupt, didnt notify customers

NewLife4Me

Okay I had a cell phone through Ampd Mobile. They went bankrupt a few months ago and most customers didnt know until the last moment, like a few week before the cut off date. This had customers scrambling to find a alternate service.

But anyway i signed a 2 year contract with them and now a collection agency is hounding me for a 2 months of service that wasnt paid for.

Now, do I still owe them since they went bankrupt and didn't full fill there end of the contract?

If it was for two months of service that you actually used, then it is money you owe. I wouldn't pay out anything on a contract that couldn't be fulfilled, but you still owe for services that you used. If there is some way to pay the OC, I would try that, but if to a CA I wouldn't do anything except PFD.

UHMMM, I dont at to pay it. Isnt that the whole point. They went bankrupt and canceled service so why should I pay them.

If I'm understanding your posts correctly, then they are not coming after you for anything other than the 2 months of service you did actually use and didn't pay for. The services were rendered whether the contract was cancelled or not.

It would be one thing if they were trying to get you pay early termination fees etc, but they aren't.

If the point of the post was to learn what to do about the contact from the CA, then you need to follow the debt validation process.

• 4 weeks later...
Also I work for a credit restoration company and so far I got 6 items del4ted from my credit report within 1 month
and if you continue to not pay your bills and get collections you will

forever be in a state of credit repair... .:?:roll:

the whole point of credit repair is to learn from your mistakes,

not keep making the same blunders over and over.:)++

:-)

Wow, I didn't know ampd declared bankruptcy. Look on the bright side, if you were planning on not fulfilling your contract with Ampd you just saved yourself a couple hundred on early termination fees!

But just b/c a company declares bankruptcy doesn't declare monies you owe them free and clear. If they are re-org'ing, they will definitely want it. If they are being liquidated, Ampd's creditors will be taking the money. If that were true, a lot of people would then have homes free and clear if they happened to have a mortgage through any of the lenders who are declaring bankruptcy.

• 4 weeks later...

(Disclaimer...I say this as light heartedly as possible in the given situation.

with a twist of humor)

:):) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :)

you're joking right?

come-on..

you did say you work for a Credit Restoration Company...

as what??

The Janitor?!?!?!

You should know what to do!!!!!!

And people pay you to fix their bad credit ?!?!??!?!?!?!...

shhheeeiiiittt ... I'm in the wrong business ... :-)

oh and as far as not paying legitimate bills....

(drum roll please .. and the Announcer shouts)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

straight from hiii bluuuess siggy ....

Best advice to better credit is:

1) Pay all your bills on time!!!

TA DA! ... (cymbals crash)

and the crowd whispers, "incredible.. how does he do it?"

:):):) :) :):):):):) :):) :):) :) :):)

Really... Do you have anything else to do then belittle somebody at 3:00am in the morning??? Is life that boring for you...

No offense intended but you kinda set yourself up when you tell people you work for a credit repair company after asking what a "PFD" is.

Now, you have started another thread asking about DV. Folks here take a dim view of so-called credit repair companies in the first place. You're not doing yourself any favors by claiming to work for one.

Yeah I see that now. I dont work for a credit repair company. All I do is represent the company service and forward the info to the company..I understand why people are so angered towards those companies. Some actually works and helps...Some people don't have the time to fight the CRA's nor the knowledge or brains. I wish people would leave this subject well enough alone....

No offense intended but you kinda set yourself up when you tell people you work for a credit repair company after asking what a "PFD" is.

Now, you have started another thread asking about DV. Folks here take a dim view of so-called credit repair companies in the first place. You're not doing yourself any favors by claiming to work for one.

Is that why you didnt answer my question in the DV thread???:confused::confused:

Is that why you didnt answer my question in the DV thread???:confused::confused:

No, I wouldn't say that. Even though I'm very pro-consumer, I strongly support the Chaudhry court and its definition of validation - that the collector must verify that the amount being demanded is what the creditor is claiming is owed. Lot's of people believe it involves much more than that and frankly, I didn't want to get into that discussion again. But ... I guess I have.

In my opinion, compared to the other resources available to combat abusive debt collectors, DV plays such a small part - I don't think it deserves all the attention it gets.

I dont work for a credit repair company. All I do is represent the company service and forward the info to the company
Ok, that sounds more like it...

and I apologize for making a joke at your expense. xangelx

So if I read between the lines of your posts:

1. you hired a Co to repair your credit- they were rather successful- and

2. any referrals you send them they give you a kick-back, and

3. you figured, daaaammmm, I want to do this myself and

now you are in the process of learning how to do it and make the cash for yourself.

OK, that's cool.. I'm not mad at ya

I recommend you buy all or most of the credit repair books.

The one listed here prolly being the best.

gcisbook2.gif

Ok, that sounds more like it...

and I apologize for making a joke at your expense. xangelx

So if I read between the lines of your posts:

1. you hired a Co to repair your credit- they were rather successful- and

2. any referrals you send them they give you a kick-back, and

3. you figured, daaaammmm, I want to do this myself and

now you are in the process of learning how to do it and make the cash for yourself.

gcisbook2.gif

Yes except for #3 and somewhat #2...

#2 its a MLM comapany like Prepaid Legal ..

#3 Sort of. I already knew how to do the credit disputes thanks to this forum. Now DV' ing is a different game that I'm learning since the company only does credit disputes on your behalf in cycles. And since i received a Collection letter last month I had to figure this one out on my own..

And Apology accepted