yea man

majik

just jumped my fico by 53 points...in less than 30 days. had almost $15 thousand in child support that i disputed and it came off. disputed almost everything and they failed to verify. started with about 20 negatives on report now have only 3 and 1 good trade line. do have a medical file listed that they didn't file insurance 4 yrs. ago. nco has reaged an account since i've not applied for anything this year except my 1 good trade line, don't figure on dving nco but will hit them with 6 figure lawsuit. this forum has been a lot of help to me, and i've haven't had to ask a lot of questions. it can be done if you know how to play the game better than them.

do have a medical file listed that they didn't file insurance 4 yrs. ago.

Did they never file at all or did they file late and get rejected? If they did file, you can get an EOB and prove that they can't collect. If they did not file, you can ask your insurance company to send you prove of coverage and then send it to the CA. Read the "medical stickie" there is some very good infor for deleting medical debts.

child support is a serious debt, I think(!) it is considered a felony if you owe over 10K sometimes, over 5K your passport can be suspended, his/her bank accounts can frozen, etc. LOL Even some of the sodliers couldn't leave for deployment until after the president declared war because their passports were suspended due to child support debt.

We will see on the child support. Since the ex did not have the children in her custody for several years and still tried to collect. went through hell for several years. I made a report to the FBI since this crossed state lines, all collection activity stopped after I did this. I can spell the word fraud. Oh and by the way major thanks to the people on this forum who gave me the courage to fight for what is right.

I'm learning to play the game. And thats all it is for me a game. I own my house, have a good job,[with benifits] I can feed myself and pay my bills. So for me the rest is an ego issue. [i love my ego.] All I want is to play the game better than they do! My philosphy is its not how you play the game....It's if you win or loose.

you might want to keep enough cash to live off for a month. in your wallet. Child support enforcement can seize your bank accounts. Child support is different than other debt because it's already ordered before a judge. There are laws in place for other debts but something like a credit card debt may never get before a judge. Again if she can show hardship it can be considered a felony especially if they can show you are evading it. If you haven't done so, find a lawyer to get the child support order changed, if you feel it needs to be changed. :) I know family court is hard to deal with. I'm just giving you a heads up. :)

big john, Thats what i'm talking about. The state removed one from her custody, and the other ended up in a correctional facility. And she still tried to collect. I caught that hand in the cookie jar. I could not take the kids at the time or I would of. Both kids are over 18 now and after getting opinions from several attornys have come to the conclusion that the states involved no longer have any vested intrest in this and it is now a private matter between me and the ex. All I can say is it gets very complicated when trying to combine the laws of two states and adding a dash of federal law for a little flavor.

bigjohnstud

I didn't ever mean to imply the x deserved $, I'm not in anyone's personal biz!!!!I'm just saying child support is different than like a cc debt or cell phone debt in that it's ordered by a judge and for the OP to be careful. The state has an extreme amount of power to make a non custodial parent's life very difficult. They get orders very quickly to seize bank accounts, suspend a professional license, passport, driver's license, etc. There was a case in the media where a deployed soldier came back and there was a writ for incarceration due to C/S that started while he was deployed.

Majik - some states have been known to sue parents even during the child's college years for child support when their were in the state's care previously. I'm just saying becareful and keep extra cash, sorry if I'm too outspoken. :oops:

bigjohnstud

I didn't ever mean to imply the x deserved $, I'm not in anyone's personal biz!!!!I'm just saying child support is different than like a cc debt or cell phone debt in that it's ordered by a judge and for the OP to be careful. The state has an extreme amount of power to make a non custodial parent's life very difficult. They get orders very quickly to seize bank accounts, suspend a professional license, passport, driver's license, etc. There was a case in the media where a deployed soldier came back and there was a writ for incarceration due to C/S that started while he was deployed.

Majik - some states have been known to sue parents even during the child's college years for child support when their were in the state's care previously. I'm just saying becareful and keep extra cash, sorry if I'm too outspoken. :oops:

debtmamma, I'm not making any personal comments on this thread at all. This is a very touchy subject as I know there are thousands upon thousands of mothers/fathers that are not being paid when they should be. My comment about the OP's ex not deserving the money if he didn't have custody was just a general statement and in no way a comment against you.

No offence taken, I did the best I could at the time. I just wish I could of done more.I I went to jail for standing up for what I believed in.{hint... never tell a judge exactly what you think] I was young dumb and thought I had constutional rights [how wrong I was] Learned the hard way those rights stop at the court room door. It's off for now and if it reappears I have already been told by several lenders that they won't give any consideration to a 20+ yr old debt.