Opt out letter from cA Holding. What should I do?

dentaldolly

Yesterday I rec'd letter from CA Holding asking me to send it back if I wanted to "opt out" of having my info shared with "companies that provide collection related services on our behalf." This notice applies to the CA HOLding family of companies consisting of a whole list of collection agencies, including CACH,CACV of Colorado, Collect America etc. I've always heard that you should opt out of having your info shared. In the past, I've had a couple of these collection agencies on my CRs, but have managed to get them deleted when I DV'd them. Will this stir things up again if I send it back? They ask for updates of my address and ask for my signature after the updates. Obviously they have my address or they couldn't have sent the letter. What should I do?

I can think of no good reason why you would want to send this back.

That's not what "opting out" means. You opt out with a credit bureau, not a collector. This sounds like a fishing expedition to get updated info on you and to get your signature...which they could turn around and use to their advantage.

Just keep the letter in your files for future reference.

cacv, cach, collect America , Scott lowery, or whatever they are calling themselves this week are known for these fake fishing expeditions. I got these twice from them while they were trying to drag me through arbitration. They were kind enough to send me an additional form to fill in my bank info, complete with spaces to fill in my routing and account numbers so" we could work out a deal". Do NOT respond to these low lifes.