Tell me how I'm doing?

oompaloompa

Started this whole gig in december 06, had no scores and nothing in my file. People would run my credit and ask if they got the social right.

BOFA was nice enough to give me a $500 limit, unsecured student card. FYI: if you have no or very limited credit, a student branded credit card is the way to go.

Second card couple months later was a crappy Credit One card for $200 limit. horrible fees, but what can you do?

About 2 months ago I got an preapproval for a 0% interest, WAMU/providan card in the mail. I figured what the hell, and somehow they gave me it with a $6,000 credit line. I had a 640 on the bureau they pulled.

Now, the BOFA card is up to $1200 limit, I've made all my payments, kept my debt below 33%, have no inquires on EQ, one on TU, still working on the 10 on EX. My only derogatory, a nasty little settled Cavalry Portfolio collection, is going to get disputed off I think.

Even with the collection, my scores are where they are in my sig. Not bad for no credit 9 months ago, no?

Looks great...now be careful with it.....

It shows the process does work...you can get out if debt...but it's an easy sink back into bad debt again...Please don't take this as a lecture...I'm holding back myself as I felt credit starved for so many years.

Good Luck...looking good :lol:

bumping but---totally spaced this post off and wanted to thank the people that replied. I'm really stoked on the progress and I've learned so much here. Everything I learn I pass on to my clients- firm belief in karma.

I am probably getting a car loan in 2-3 months; and I'm signed up to do LASIK next week and I'm approved for 0% financing on that.

Let me know how the LASIK goes. Recovery time, etc. I want to get it done also but I have to wait until after March 08. And don't forget that LASIK should be tax deductible.

They say there is no recovery time. 3-6 hours of itchy, irritated eyes, and then 95% of patients have 20/20 right then, the rest get it over 3 days. They did also say that vision can waver a little for about 30 days. I was amazed at how cheap it's gotten; I got a price at a respectable clinic of 899/ per eye, including a year of follow up with surgery if theres a problem. With 0% financing, (which every doctor seems to offer, inhouse or otherwise), payments are only like 90 bucks a month.

Now tell me about the tax deduction part :mrgreen:

Good to hear about the recovery time being so short. I live in TX and we pay income tax here...medical cost is not taxable here. So if I make $50,000 a year and spend $5,000 on medical cost with receipts to prove it I'm only taxed on $45,000.

My employer offers a "Flex Spending Account" where I put $25 a week ($1,300 year) into an account and I use it for dr's visits, eye exams, allergy shots, contacts, etc. In March 08 I'm going to start putting in $50 week ($2,600 year) and get LASIK.

• 3 weeks later...
Good to hear about the recovery time being so short. I live in TX and we pay income tax here...medical cost is not taxable here. So if I make $50,000 a year and spend $5,000 on medical cost with receipts to prove it I'm only taxed on $45,000.

My employer offers a "Flex Spending Account" where I put $25 a week ($1,300 year) into an account and I use it for dr's visits, eye exams, allergy shots, contacts, etc. In March 08 I'm going to start putting in $50 week ($2,600 year) and get LASIK.

Do you have health insurance? Some companies offer a discount in addition to the FSA...

Do you have health insurance? Some companies offer a discount in addition to the FSA...

Yes I have health insurance I guess I'll give them a call. However, this was my first year doing a FSA and I only put in $25/week. I like it but I have to wait until March 08 to put in my money for Lasik. I've already spent 80% of my money for this year and I have to go all the way until the end if Feb 08.