Letter I received..Please assist

Zambrarmy

I got this letter from First Premier. I submitted a request for debt verification but they are denying the request. Can someone tell me how I should proceed? I already sent letters to the CA and came as "verified." My credit file shows this account was opened on 07/ 2001. I called them for proof this is my account, such as a signed document but they advised they don't have one. Please help. Thanks.scan0001gv7.jpg

Looks to me like a stalling tactic form letter. You are asking them to to verify the debt was actually yours, and they want you to refer to documents that you allegedly recieved with the card? If you didn't open the account, how would you have any documents? If they don't have any concrete evidence that it was you that in fact applied for the card, what exactly are they verifying with the CRA's? Let them know you recieved their letter, and that you are still waiting for debt validation they are obligated to provide. They want you to call them, but don't. Keep it all in writing.

Here's a link:

http://www.debt-settlement-america.com/Bankruptcy-states-cities/PA-Pennsylvania/PA-Pennsylvania-Resources.htm

and a copy of part:

The Pennsylvania Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act on Debt Collection

Office of the Pennsylvania Attorney General

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=244

Pennsylvania Statute, Title 73, Chapter 42 (73 P.S. § 2270.1) – Note 3rd Party Collectors also fall under F.D.C.P.A.

The Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act regulates the debt collection activities of debt collectors and creditors in Pennsylvania. This law, effective as of June 26, 2000, prohibits debt collectors and creditors from engaging in certain unfair or deceptive acts or practices while attempting to collect debts.

You always dispute with the CRA's first....assuming you obtained your credit report. I wait until I get those results and if the account came back verified, I write the creditor reporting the account. Other people on this forum write the CRA's first then write the creditor during the 30 days investigation period.

If you are talking about getting a dunning letter (letter from CA claiming you owe them money) then yes write them a DV immediately. That ideally will stop them from reporting the account to the CRA's until it is validated.