credit dispute

dallas200236

Is a charge off possible to get off your credit record? I feel the amount shown as being late/charge off is not accurate. They have added almost 10k to the amount? 12k to 22k.

I attempted to pay this and the caa that bought the loan did not accept my proposal ($500 a month for 24 months) - they wanted 22k in 3 payments. They said they would take me to court; I wanted to go to court. Didn’t seem logical to me they wouldn’t accept my offer to pay. I think the extra amount is some cooked up late charges and attorney fees.

This was 3 years ago and i never heard back. About 4 months ago I got a letter in the mail with another court threat for the CA . I sent a dispute letter and never heard back. I guess they do not have documentation to show how the amount has escalated so much.

The rest of my credit is good, was willing to pay this. It was with MBNA who sold to BoA. I was told I could not contact BoA on a settlement as it is a charge off and was sold. I have no desire to pay the collection agency (I tried to do this 3 years ago). I just want this off my credit. Is the only option to settle with the collection agency?

Im nearing the statue of limitations, if i start a writing campaign im a waking a sleeping gaint?

Is a charge off possible to get off your credit record? I feel the amount shown as being late/charge off is not accurate. They have added almost 10k to the amount? 12k to 22k.

I attempted to pay this and the caa that bought the loan did not accept my proposal ($500 a month for 24 months) - they wanted 22k in 3 payments. They said they would take me to court; I wanted to go to court. Didn’t seem logical to me they wouldn’t accept my offer to pay. I think the extra amount is some cooked up late charges and attorney fees.

This was 3 years ago and i never heard back. About 4 months ago I got a letter in the mail with another court threat for the CA . I sent a dispute letter and never heard back. I guess they do not have documentation to show how the amount has escalated so much.

The rest of my credit is good, was willing to pay this. It was with MBNA who sold to BoA. I was told I could not contact BoA on a settlement as it is a charge off and was sold. I have no desire to pay the collection agency (I tried to do this 3 years ago). I just want this off my credit. Is the only option to settle with the collection agency?

Im nearing the statue of limitations, if i start a writing campaign im a waking a sleeping gaint?

by law, they are required to inform the debator, you in this case, how they came up with the total figure. And this is included in the DV letter. But one thing you must know: if you pay any partial payments, or set up a payment plan and make any payment, you will reset the clock of the sol. If you are wondering why they've waited this long before taking you to court, maybe they dont have the right documentation....you never know.

Just so you know, the original creditor (OC), MBNA, wrote their "loss" off their income tax a long time ago. When BofA bought it in the big pile of accounts they purchased from MBNA, they realized it was uncollectable, and probably resold it to another junk debt buyer (JDB). The JDB probably paid about 5 cents on the dollar for the right to hassle you. So, in effect, you're offering to pay someone $12,000 for something they bought for about $30.

This is why JDB's are in business. They make so much money off of one person who "just wants it off my credit report" that they can afford to take a chance that they'll run up against someone who knows their rights.

You need to sort out the players here...is it a JDB or some collection agency (CA) that's contacting you now. You don't owe either one money, but you deal with them a little differently...