What if a CA will not give you their address?

Hey everyone,

Just started getting calls from West Asset Managment where I politley asked for their address....."What do you want it for?" they asked, "so I can send you some information" I replied into which they lady goes into a tirade of how are we going to settle this I told her I don't do this type of business over the phone, could she please provide the address???? Long story short they call I ask for address no dice they tell me I AM being recorded to which I reply so are you!!!!

All I ask for is the address to dv and c&d (I don't tell them the dv c&d) but they refuse to give me the information (it is not on the website either) and then they yell at me and tell me not to yell at them.

This aint my first time dealin so I am nice and I tell them I have to speak over you to ask a question.

My blood preasure is terrible, I am sick to my stomache and I am crying all the time. BUT I want to know if they are in violation of anything for NOT providing the asked information?

I will not let then bully me into something but where is my leverage here or is it just best to hire a lawyer?

OH BTW can I report them to my State Attny for this also?

Hey everyone,

Just started getting calls from West Asset Managment where I politley asked for their address....."What do you want it for?" they asked, "so I can send you some information" I replied into which they lady goes into a tirade of how are we going to settle this I told her I don't do this type of business over the phone, could she please provide the address???? Long story short they call I ask for address no dice they tell me I AM being recorded to which I reply so are you!!!!

All I ask for is the address to dv and c&d (I don't tell them the dv c&d) but they refuse to give me the information (it is not on the website either) and then they yell at me and tell me not to yell at them.

This aint my first time dealin so I am nice and I tell them I have to speak over you to ask a question.

My blood preasure is terrible, I am sick to my stomache and I am crying all the time. BUT I want to know if they are in violation of anything for NOT providing the asked information?

I will not let then bully me into something but where is my leverage here or is it just best to hire a lawyer?

OH BTW can I report them to my State Attny for this also?

Stay off the phone with them. Go to the BBB.org and do a search for them, their address is there. You can also google them (http://www.westassetmanagement.com/), look them up on dnb.com, lots of ways.

:goodluck:

Your IPS probably offers an answering service for a nominal fee. I have this and I simply leave my computer on and select the calls I want blocked.

If you have actually recorded what was said to you on the phone and the language was offensive then yes, they have violated the FDCPA. I'd file this info away for a later date. All this will add up to a more credible Counterclaim if an eventual summons is sent to you.

Once you find the address of the CA you can send it a Cease and Desist letter CMRRR. CA's, of all things, have a tendency to respect this action.