Tax lein, & release of levy

Jason

Tax lein filed June 2006

Release of levy filed Oct. 2006

The tax lein shows up on TU and EX. Should I send them the release of levy? It has not been paid off yet so I do not know what to do with the credit reports.

Dispute? DVL? am I stuck with it on my report even when it is paid off?

I just called the IRS. The levy and Tax lein are different. The levy is for wages and the tax lein is for propery or future property. And once the bill is paid in full it stays on my report for seven years! UGH!

Any Advice?

Once I paid mine in July - I disputed it with the CRAs in August as 'not mine' and it fell off.... Just try that approach after a month or 2 of paying - YMMV

NYSWEETY thank you. I wish it never happened to us in the first place. I am glad that worked for you. Hopefully it will for me.:)

I paid the Tax Lien. It was mine. I gave the Notice of Release to the court house and now it is on the credit report as paid, but it didn't fall off. Are you saying just to write the CRA's and tell them it isn't mine? How would that work if I had it Released? I just want the stinker off, it is killing my credit score. HElp!