Denial Reasons?

Since my credit repair process, I've been intermittently applying for credit...With the exception of the two apps I filled out during my "Juniper Spree" phase.

Prior to my most recent applications, I was being denied for a whole plethora of reasons including:

- Too many derogatory accounts on file.

- Too recent of a late payment or collection.

- Public record.

And then, my last two applications came back with being denied for:

"Not enough accounts with satisfactory performance."

So I started thinking - is this a good thing that my denial reasons are changing? Am I finally starting to see the light? :lol:

If you're talking to me, I do have a secured card but I need 1 more card since my AU user cards won't be any good shortly. Poor Love is in the same situation I was in a few months ago. But I would recommend the secured card. I'm also on ChexSystems and just by having the secured card got me a checking account. :D

Hi

One of the things I did when I got denial letters is write to the company.

I ask for specific reasons the card was denied and tell them that I have already contacted the CRA for CR

I actually got 2 cards doing that. One of them remains on my CR as a positive TL even though the account is closed.

My thoughts is you are turned down by automation. A person never looks at anything. When you Write them and ask them to be specific about the reasons they turned you down. A real person actually looks at the information and overides the automation.

Those are my thoughts

Moriah

Yeah, I wanted a seamiles card soooo bad and applied twice and got rejected twice with some lame reason the last reason didn't make any sence..."not high enough credit balances on current revolving accounts". I pay in full every month, so I guess they don't want that. I also wanted hooters, I don't know why I would probably never use it but I guess its the thrill of the chase.I did get orchard and household and rewards660 and ofcourse crown jewelers, but I now have 19 inquiries so I think I better stop for awhile.

I haven't checked my Vantage score...I'm thinking that it would maybe be a good idea?

I ran downstairs today to see if there were any other denial letters in the mailbox. There weren't. But there didn't seem to be any plastic either. I'm thinking that the mailman is taking my huge limit credit cards and hiding them from me. 8]

Not intending to suck any hope out of the room here, but I tend to think that the only purpose denial reasons serve is to give you some insight to that particular creditor's criteria.

For example, if you GET a card, it doesn't mean you DIDN'T have derogatories on your report. If it says too many new accounts and you also have derogatories, then it means they didn't happen to care about the derogatories.

It could say a collection or a judgement, in which case they don't care which but either was bad enough.

So, if you have 3 baddies on your report, and it comes back "too many inquiries", I don't think there is any cause to celebrate or anticipate approvals elsewhere!

gerg.gif

I'm asking because you may be real close to an approval score with Macy's or Bloomingdales. They actually use the Vantage Score vs. FICO.

What score does Macy's and Bloomingdales approve at? I'm sure I could look at the various databases, but I know nothing about Vantage scores. I wonder if they're post-BK friendly. Hmph. :)

What score does Macy's and Bloomingdales approve at? I'm sure I could look at the various databases, but I know nothing about Vantage scores. I wonder if they're post-BK friendly. Hmph. :)

I wish I knew the answer about the post-BK, but alas I don't. Since LNY is no longer around to ask, I'm going to have to tell you to "search". :D

As far as what Vantage score is needed. I'm not entirely sure, but I know I got them at around 600. I read another post recently were someone got them much lower. They may start you out with a dismal limit (DH started at $100) but they are known for giving some people nice CLIs after awhile. His just jumped one day from $100 to $1500.

I wish I knew the answer about the post-BK, but alas I don't. Since LNY is no longer around to ask, I'm going to have to tell you to "search". :D

As far as what Vantage score is needed. I'm not entirely sure, but I know I got them at around 600. I read another post recently were someone got them much lower. They may start you out with a dismal limit (DH started at $100) but they are known for giving some people nice CLIs after awhile. His just jumped one day from $100 to $1500.

Very, very interesting. I need a store card, for poop's sake...And we all know that Target doesn't love me yet. Bloomie's would be nice. VERY NICE. But very dangerous. LOL. I'm going to have to look that one up. :)

TY for the info, newbie!

Hello All,

I recently applied for a CHildren's Place Card. They pulled TU which is my highest fico score of 618.\

I recvd a letter stating :

We regret that we are unable to open an acct for you at this time, as during the processing of your application, we encountered the following missing, invalid, or unverifiable information:

Unable to Verify Credit References

Please take a few moments to contact us at the number listed below to provide the additional information to complete the application processing. If we do not rec a response from you w/i 15 days, we will regrettably be unable to give further consideration to your credit request.

I will call them first thing Monday morning but the letter does not even tell what type of addl inof they need.

I know that I have a credit alert on my file, not sure if this is why they couldnt verify the info. It's a little strange because I was able to get 3 others cards with the alert on my file.

Has anyone else every recvd a letter like this one?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello All,

I recently applied for a CHildren's Place Card. They pulled TU which is my highest fico score of 618.\

I recvd a letter stating :

We regret that we are unable to open an acct for you at this time, as during the processing of your application, we encountered the following missing, invalid, or unverifiable information:

Unable to Verify Credit References

Please take a few moments to contact us at the number listed below to provide the additional information to complete the application processing. If we do not rec a response from you w/i 15 days, we will regrettably be unable to give further consideration to your credit request.

I will call them first thing Monday morning but the letter does not even tell what type of addl inof they need.

I know that I have a credit alert on my file, not sure if this is why they couldnt verify the info. It's a little strange because I was able to get 3 others cards with the alert on my file.

Has anyone else every recvd a letter like this one?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

They may be trying to get some additional identifying info from you. I got something similar from Hooters, but they specifically asked for ss card and dl or something like that. Hope it goes well for you!!

what other three cards were you able to get, too many inquiries, tried many times to get eq, ex, tu to remove to dice, as of tonight three more denials which equal three more inquires.

elgin2007

Hi Elgin,

I was able to get a Citi Premier Pass for 2k

Target for $200.00

and Kay Jewelers for $1500.00

I also applied for Capital One and The CHildrens place, hoping to hear some good news.

:cool::cool::cool: