Anyone can be at fault for Identity Theft!

isislc

Ok I have to share this with you guys cuz it's too hilarious. I received a package from ChexSystems for a dispute I submitted. In this packet it has a copy of my report and the supposed copy of the signature card. Well, there was also an extra page.

It was a copy of the police report for some guy in CA. I mean it had everything I needed to go in and do some shopping and he would know nothing of it till the damage was done. Being the trouble maker I am, banned from TC and CIP, suing CAs, pissing TU off. I figured, well lets piss off ChexSystems too for going after me for my dead Grandma's checking account.

I decided to call this guy up on the phone number listed on the fax page. I work with sensitive material all the time and I figured I would let him know I got his stuff so he can do what feels he needs to do next. Oh this guy was real pissed! Not at me of course. He asked how I got his number, I told him from the report. He wanted to call me from his work number, I repeated his work number to him. Then let him know his SS# was on it too, told him it and then he was REAL pissed.

I did give him my real name and phone number, he thought this was a joke at first. He's going to give me a call in the morning and then call his attorney. The funny thing from this too is that everyone who has read my posts knows that I'm looking to buy a house. This guy actually turned out to be a mortgage broker. Hmm, godly intervention in my favor? who knows! :twothumbsup:

Well, he did say he was going to sue. When I saw the page, I thought oh crap. I felt bad that someone else had to have this type of thing happen to them, especially when he already filled out ONE Id theft report. Then I thought, lets stir up some trouble for ChexSystems since they have been such biatches over my report. I should make a claim for being distressed that I was placed in the middle of this due to ChexSystem's negligence. :NudgeNudge: