Starting Over

pinkdreams

Hello,

We are starting over again. 2 years ago my husband lost his job. The month before this happened we purchased our 2005 van-timing stunk. We made 1/4less that what we did when we did get a job 7 months later. We now are back to making what we use to make and want to buy a home and settle down. Our kids have been through enough. We only have 2 open accounts and they are our cars. We need to get our scores up enough by next October so we don't loose our closing cost, ect that our company provides.

Help us figure where to turn.

Hello,

We are starting over again. 2 years ago my husband lost his job. The month before this happened we purchased our 2005 van-timing stunk. We made 1/4less that what we did when we did get a job 7 months later. We now are back to making what we use to make and want to buy a home and settle down. Our kids have been through enough. We only have 2 open accounts and they are our cars. We need to get our scores up enough by next October so we don't loose our closing cost, ect that our company provides.

Help us figure where to turn.

OP - do you know what your scores are? If not, that's OK - but you need copies of your credit reports. Do you have them? If not, get them! :p

If you have negatives on your reports, the best thing to do is prioritize (sp?) them based off which ones are hurting you more than others (recent collections hurt more than an old 30-day late).

Like lovebug before me said - read thru the forum. There are MANY many many many many many hours worth of reading and information on here, and that's not including the forums!