Bill sent to wrong address?

rock247

OK I bought an Investment property (I own 2 now) a 2 months later I get a CA letter from the City sewer office that the bill has not been paid, I called the sewer office they said they sent the bill to the property( hmm I don't live there/returned to sender) I have multiple accounts with them do they have to do any due diligence to get the bill to the correct person before they send it to a CA? like look up my name in there accounts and see that I'm already a customer of thiers with another property? I DV the CA they just sent me a print out from the city and letter stating "you own the property pay it"...which I do ,but is that enough for DV?????

So you bought the property, put the city sewer in your name but they did not mail it to your correct address?

Assumming you want to pay the city the money they say you owe, but you don't want the collection account on your credit report.

I would write the City Manager. Explain the situation about buying the property, tell them you have no problem paying this alledged debt assuming it is really your account but you want the collection account removed from your report. Because of a billing error. If they agree to remove the collection GET IT IN WRITING!