Credit Monitoring - Question

lolah

I have read so many posts about this and saw the one with the different services available.

What is considered "Excessive Pulls"? I am thinking of signing up (really want and need to), but with everyone having problems and being cancelled, I am not sure if it will be worth my time and money.

What if I pull 2-3 times per week? Is that considered "Excessive"?

What are the majority of people being cancelled for?

I have read so many posts about this and saw the one with the different services available.

What is considered "Excessive Pulls"? I am thinking of signing up (really want and need to), but with everyone having problems and being cancelled, I am not sure if it will be worth my time and money.

What if I pull 2-3 times per week? Is that considered "Excessive"?

What are the majority of people being cancelled for?

I was cancelled but I kept getting alerts & one day I just logged in & everything was back to normal. It took a couple weeks though, I would log in and get a blank page where the report should have been.

Not completely true Hopeless, there are a couple people on here that have been pulling ever 2-3 days. Once you're banned from one you're banned from all. I had only pulled 4 times in 3 weeks when I got banned from CIP.

I guess I am just joining in on the frustration, but what's the point in having a monitoring service if you can't monitor your reports?:twisted:

My personal opinion... they are just getting rid of people for whatever and moving the rate. Obviously more people are pulling credit with the recent mortgage dump... I enrolled in at privacymatters.com, guess what? It is true credit just a different price. I am signed in right now and although i came in through privacymatters.com, the address currently reads truecredit. All the screens are the same just within a heading showing privacymatters 123

Odd though they let me sign back up... I am guessing maybe for a few days then might cancel me.

My personal opinion... they are just getting rid of people for whatever and moving the rate. Obviously more people are pulling credit with the recent mortgage dump... I enrolled in at privacymatters.com, guess what? It is true credit just a different price. I am signed in right now and although i came in through privacymatters.com, the address currently reads truecredit. All the screens are the same just within a heading showing privacymatters 123

Odd though they let me sign back up... I am guessing maybe for a few days then might cancel me.

You get daily pulls there?

Yep I'm up and running. I just tried a pull and it says I can do it after 24 hours from last pull, so it seems to be a daily pull service!!

At least at this price it won't break my heart if they cxl me... the fee is pretty stiff compared to the other services.

I would compare the service much more to CIP than TC in terms of look and feel and the emails they send.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an alert today from Privacy matters, when I checked the alert it said that a Solomon & Solomon placed a collection account on my credit file. When I pulled the CR there was a new collection account listed as Massachusetts Electric ..the amounts matched the account #'s did not. My question is, who do I go after? Solomon is not listed on the report at all just under the alert...Mass Electric listed on report but never alerted............is Solomon the "assignee"?

I have been living in my house for 9 years with the same account..so I know this is not mine...........I know I have to go to CRA first, but I want to be prepared and I really don't feel like waiting 30 days, just to be told contact Joe schmoe!