How much does it cost to sue?

lolah

Okay, weird question, I know.

In AR, a CA cannot sue in small claims court - which means they have to go to district court. How much would that cost? I am trying to figure out if it would cost more to sue me than what I actually owe.

Also, can they include their fees in what they are suing you for? (i.e. - they say you owe $1000 and sue you for $3000)?

What it is in AR is, small claims court is a part of district court, but any party represent by an attorney (eg CA), it is transfered to the regular district court. The amount they may sue up to is $5K or it is transfered to circuit court if more. The amount they sue you for is not necessarily the total amount they are asking for. They could have $2K on the suit but are asking for $4K with fees and interest. If they feel they have a very strong case against you, the fees for filing would be recoverable and any amount would be worth filing against, because they would get it back.::Chasey::