I think my Asset ship has sunk!

Lilolas

I think Asset (collecting on old Bally's account) will get the best of me. After the 3rd Dv they ended up sending me a dunning letter; and then the next day I get the validation. I checked NC dept. of insurance online to see if they are licensed in NC...online it said no; but when I called the dept. the representative said yes and they have 2 permits. :( I checked the DOFD to be sure Asset isn't reaging this account and they aren't :(

I have one violation left and that is that they continued to verify debt with Experian, yet never validated with me until last week (???).

Am I missing anything? You all are my last hope before I have to settle...

I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record...

Dispute Bally's. All the CRA's will probably delete. They don't like to bother with gym memberships, specfically Bally's.

Thanks Veve- I've disputed with TU and EX (only CRs this is showing up on)...TU deleted EX verified. I just sent out another dispute request with EX...haven't heard back yet... it's probably wise for me just to sit tight until I hear back from EX.

How can I stall Asset?

I would skip Asset and go right to Bally's. Write a letter to someone higher up and give a reason for the cancellation (did you move, change jobs, have an injury, etc?).

I think another member said Bally's will only honor your cancel request because you moved to a city where Bally's is not within 50 miles of your house. If you write Bally's keep that in mind.

If it were me, I'd say I had medical reason for cancelling and because it is medical and you do not wish to inform them of the medicals reasons and neither does your phsycian. A long shot...maybe even a light year...but I would come up with some off the wall excuse before I went with another same ole sob story.

GOOD LUCK!

I think another member said Bally's will only honor your cancel request because you moved to a city where Bally's is not within 50 miles of your house. If you write Bally's keep that in mind.

If it were me, I'd say I had medical reason for cancelling and because it is medical and you do not wish to inform them of the medicals reasons and neither does your phsycian. A long shot...maybe even a light year...but I would come up with some off the wall excuse before I went with another same ole sob story.

GOOD LUCK!

Thank you Fizzle! I'll have to come up with something...I went to Kenya and came back to the States and just kind of let Bally's go. Now, I thought that I had to deal directly with the CA and not Bally's...but I'll try it. Won't hurt to try...right?? :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I took everyone's suggestions and contacted Bally's directly concerning this collection. Today I got a call from the corporate center...they are going to contact Asset and recall the collection!!! SCORE! Thanx all!

PM if you want to know the specifics!