scary Response from CA after verification request

creditnightmare

:confused::shock:

Hello Everyone,

After browsing this site I began my own attempts to repair my credit. I filed the verfification requests With allCR's.

Today I recieved a letter from one of the dispured CA . They are asking for a notarized form containg personal ID, copies of my SS card and orginal affidavit of fradulent Application..

They say if I dont reply the matter is considered resolved.

How do I handle this.

Creditnightmare:wink:

You respond to them with a "debt validation" (DV) letter saying something to the effect that you found them on your credit report and you never had an account with them....tell them to either prove its your debt, or stop reporting.

(This is a common scare tactic by CAs. Its not your job to prove it isn't yours...its their job to prove that it is).

Welcome! :)++

Need more info please. You disputed with the CRA's? You cannot send demand for validation letters to the Credit Reporting Agencies but you can dispute the accuracy of how a tradeline is reporting with the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA). Who is asking for all this stuff? Do NOT forward any of your personal information to ANY collection agency (CA)! NEVER EVER!!!

Collection agencies love to scare and intimidate. That's what they do for a living! :lol: Take a deep breath give us more info on your situation, how old is the debt? Is it reporting on your credit report? Who is the Collection Agency? Are they reporting? Etc. We will try our best to guide you along.