Next steps in CA process?

sherman

After talking to both the CA (they called me) and the OC, I plan to CMRRR a DV letter. Even though the CA said an offer to start payments on the debt ends this Thurs., what are the next steps the CA usually take? Respond to my DV letter? "Send my s/s# back to the OC", like they told me over the phone? I owe Sears/Citicards $1,800 and the CA is LTD.:(

After talking to both the CA (they called me) and the OC, I plan to CMRRR a DV letter. Even though the CA said an offer to start payments on the debt ends this Thurs., what are the next steps the CA usually take? Respond to my DV letter? "Send my s/s# back to the OC", like they told me over the phone? I owe Sears/Citicards $1,800 and the CA is LTD.:(

Wait, first off, you dont talk to CA on the phone, period. Everything in WRITING, never trust what they say, as they can change whatever they want, so never trust what they tell u or say to you. And, im not sure how old ur debt is BUT you should avoid from making payment arrangments with the CA, as it might reset the clock of SOL. Wait for them to reply, in writing...I think its 30 days.

I second what ToImprove said.

Do NOT make any arrangements with any CA. Do NOT give them any of your personal info, ss#, bank acount info, etc...

Best place to start is sending them a DV.

You can read about the whole DV process here:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml

It's also a good idea to start familarizing yourself with the FDCPA, links are in this very post.

Good luck and keep us updated! :)++

Thank you both for the advice. I answered the CA phone call yesterday a little nervous and upset, being that I never got the 'letter' they stated was sent to me. I begged off on payment for the amt. they offered. I will start with a DV letter. Should I follow it up with a 'cease and desist' letter AFTER

recieving a reply from the CA?