Medical Collection DV response-need help

Any help would be greatly appricated!!

I have 3 collection accounts all three have been disputed with all 3 CB and all came back verified. Next, I disputed all 3 with DV letters and here are the following reponses:

1. Frost-Arnett: sent a letter wanting payment and enclosed an itemized medical bill; date of last activity: 01/2005; collection date 06/2005

2. NCO: sent letter stating please forward payment to them and enclosed itemized medical bill; date of last activity 11/2001; collection date unknown

3.PARC: just sent itemized medical bill with PARC stamp on last page of bill to send payment to them; date of last activity: 4/2002; collection date:9/2004

I'm at a loss here in my letters I asked them to supply me with:

What the money you say I owe is for;

Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;

Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;

Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account

Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state of Texas

Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

All I received is the hospital itemized list with the amounts insurance made but nothing else. Is this a correct DV response or do I need to dig deeper? I have been working on my credit since June 2007 and I'm starting to get lost a little bit and just need to be put back on track. I feel like I'm clueless right now I know the answer is right in front of me but I can't think (massive brain fog starting to happen).

Thanks for any help!!!!

Fako's

Trans/Exper/Equi

9/2007

636/633/667

8/2007

592/619/578

6/2007

575/567/489

At a minimum, the debt collector is required to confirm with the creditor the amount being claimed is correct and that the person from whom they are attempting to collect the debt is the person who owes it. It seems like they did that.

There are some special ways to deal with medical collections, but I don't know much about it. Try a search of the forums for HIPPA.

I've dealt with medical collections in the past by contacting the hospital and making payment arrangments.

-r

1. Frost-Arnett: sent a letter wanting payment and enclosed an itemized medical bill; date of last activity: 01/2005; collection date 06/2005

If it's a small amount or manageable to pay it in full, try for a PFD since it is still in SOL

2. NCO: sent letter stating please forward payment to them and enclosed itemized medical bill; date of last activity 11/2001; collection date unknown

Dispute with the CRAs as obsolete, too old to be on report. Out of SOL and is closer to falling off, may get lucky. Don't pay

3.PARC: just sent itemized medical bill with PARC stamp on last page of bill to send payment to them; date of last activity: 4/2002; collection date:9/2004

Also out of SOL, try to dispute as above and see if they take it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your help!! But still need so help:

Frost-Arnett sent a letter stating the amount I owe and there is a new amount for $240.04 04/03 and the orig. amount thats on my CR $54.83 01/05

Would they be in violation for the first amount (SOL) if they asked for immediate payment?

Also, PARC sent two letters waiting payment first letter (settlement offer) & second (one time discount offer of 50% off) again since the SOL on this account is 04/02 would this be a violation? Or do I miss understand the SOL for Texas (after 4years the can not try to collect).

Thank you!!

Frost-Arnett sent a letter stating the amount I owe and there is a new amount for $240.04 04/03 and the orig. amount thats on my CR $54.83 01/05

Would they be in violation for the first amount (SOL) if they asked for immediate payment?

DV them and ask for a complete breakdown of what the charges are for since the original amount was only $54. There is no violation here when they ask for payment.

Also, PARC sent two letters waiting payment first letter (settlement offer) & second (one time discount offer of 50% off) again since the SOL on this account is 04/02 would this be a violation? Or do I miss understand the SOL for Texas (after 4years the can not try to collect).

Basically when an account is no long in SOL a CA can try to collect forever even though you never have to pay them. The only 2 places they can't collect forever is in WI and MS. CAs will just keep trying till they get lucky in hopes that you will pay an out of SOL account with these wonderful offers of 50% off.

I would send PARC a letter back with the copy of the 50% offer saying "First I want to start by thanking you very much for your generous offer of a 50% discount on the account. Second, according to Texas State Law, an account is collectable if it is no older than 4 yrs old. Since this account has obviously exceded the Statute of Limitations for collections, I'm inclined to decline your offer. But thank you again, have a nice day."