Phartsmeller

Curiousity Question about 7 yr Item Limit

I have several accounts that say Dispute verified, This Item Scheduled to Continue On record till Oct 2007. In My World Until,means Oct 1st its Gone...But whats the Real world answer or any Personal experiences,This is Stated at experian By The way,Thanks A bunch for any Insight.

I would send a letter to each of the CRA's that have the TL listed and dispute as obsolete. The 7 year period is up. They may wait until the end of October. There is an example letter on this site at the top under "Sample Letters".

I have also read that some are reported up to 7 1/2 years. I am not sure if that is legal though.

Thanks,Iwas just trying to see if anyone had been in the same boat and paid atten to when it fell off on its own,End of Month or Beginning...Its gonna do what its gonna do..

Yeah, dispute as obsolete. Although it says that it's on the calendar for that long, I've noticed that it goes by the date it hit the CA. Well, technically the account was first delinquent before the date first reported by CA. That puts you over the 7 yrs.

The FCRA allows the entry to remain for 7 years plus 180 days. From what I have read here, most of the time, it is dropped at the 7 year mark. I am doubtful that it would fall off exactly on 10/1.