CMRRR - Email Receipt?

I've been using the email verification. I'm sure the USPS has tied up the loose ends involving using the email verification as legal proof of delivery. Generally speaking emails have been admissible in court for some time now. If ever one of these cases goes to trial, I doubt that the courts wouldn't allow the email verification as proof.

NOT a lawyer, just my 3 cents.

I've been using the email verification. I'm sure the USPS has tied up the loose ends involving using the email verification as legal proof of delivery. Generally speaking emails have been admissible in court for some time now. If ever one of these cases goes to trial, I doubt that the courts wouldn't allow the email verification as proof.

NOT a lawyer, just my 3 cents.

i agree, especially for the "pro se"

If push comes to shove the USPS can provide documentation other than email if needed. Just go to the post office and ask them what they can do if needed. Certified Mail is a legal instrument, and they can produce documents to "back it up."

I still prefer that little green card with a signature on it though...

I use the email bit and have never had a problem. It is a copy of their signature and also has all the information on it. Says the date and time it was delivered and to whom, with their signature and the same tracking number as on the little green slip. Plus, I have the certified mail receipts. Personally, I don't see why it wouldn't stand up in court.