1 30 Days Late on Car, Now Paid off

sashim80

Hey guys. Im pretty new to all of this and yet to have dealt with trying to remove any lates.

Ok, so my hubby has a car that was paid off about a year ago. Near the end he has a 30 days late. Well, from what he says the car was NEVER paid late. I thought this would be a easy one to dispute so I did. It just came back as Updated. So whats my next step.

GW letter?? I would think this should come off fairly easy as they can plainly see the car was shown paid late but this one time in 3 years. What do I say, Ive never written one of these before?? LOST! LOL

HUBBYS SCORES ARE GOIND UP UP UP!!! WOOHOOO Im VERY PROUD!! xdancex

8-26 EX570 EQ574 TU593

9-26 EX570 EQ612 TU611

Mine... Not really movin :roll:

8-22 EX 493 EQ 567 TU 493

9-26 EX 502 EQ 557 TU 493

Well, from what he says the car was NEVER paid late. I thought this would be a easy one to dispute so I did. It just came back as Updated. So whats my next step.

If it was never late I would prove it. Get a copy of the canceled check and send it to the OC. If it wasn't late they should update it. If they don't send the copy to the CRA and dispute as inaccurate.

Hmmm, I should also add that he was only co-signed on the loan. The way it would work is he paid his mom and she paid the payment. She is known for paying everybill on time, although it is possible she missed one.

I really only want to ask her for copies of her checks as a VERY last resort.

Often times imo, its best to just contact the OC and pull their records first and then if they respond adversely give the whole sob story to the rep just so it may be noted in the account...Follow that with the gw letter and see what happens....Definitely agree disputing will/can lead to a deletion of an account.....happened to me

I know, I was afraid of the whole TL getting delted. I only started this thing a month ago (when I filed the dispute) and didnt know any better or I would have just started out with the letter.

So I have come up with somthing, would you guys mind telling me what you think?? Ok, here goes (Basically just my rough draft)....

I recently pulled my CR and noticed that you are reporting a 30 day late in Jan 06. I have never paid my payment late, so Im not exaclty sure what is going on with this. As you can see, the whole car was paid off with no other lates proving my posotive payment history. I plan on making another purchase with Mazda within the upcoming months and I want to clear this up before doing so.

Ok, so what do you think? I have no idea how these things are usually done. :confused: Should I keep the thing about making another purcahse with them. I thought this might help in some minute way! LOL We are going to be making another car purchase in the next couple weeks, thats why getting this cleared up is really important to me!! Dont think it will be with them Mazda though. Thanks guys!