Unclear Investigation Request Response

conner

I sent a Investigation Request letter to my OC about a month ago and this is the response I got:

express_letter.jpg

Should I send them another letter requesting the information that I want i.e. how much I owe, etc...

I have already disputed them with the agencies, but they all came back verified.

On my report the account is listed as charged-off, but there is no collection agency on my report for this particular account...

Im ready to set up a settlement if needed, but if it can go away without paying of coarse why wouldnt I choose that first?!

Don't waste your time on a MOV. What you need to do is right them a letter back and tell them that you have disputed information you believe is inaccurate on your CR. The information came back verified by them and you are invoking your right to request an investigation with them. This is covered under the FCRA "right to dispute directly with furnisher" or something to that effect. If you look up the FCRA you will see the section that talks about CRA's responsibility to investigate upon a notice of dispute. Follow that title down a few pages and you will see where it goes on to say that if the CRA's come back with "verified" you have the right to request an investigation with th DF (data furnisher). There are 3 things you must specifically say in your request, per the FCRA so I would suggest looking those up. If you can't find it, send me a PM.. I'm too busy at work to look it up now.

:goodluck:

Thats what I did.. I sent my Investigation letter to Express and that was their response.

per section 623(a)(8) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act), you are required to provide them with a notice that:

-Identifies the specific itiem of information that is in dispute

-Explains the basis of the dispute; and

-Includes all supporting documentation required to substantiate the basis for the dispute

Return there letter with this information and then they are on the hook for a valid response within 30 days.

Before I read this post I had received the same response from Express. My item is a paid charge off the DOFD is 8/00 so my dispute was that the item was obsolete. Now after reading this post, I handled the item wrong, I did go back to the CRA and their reply was: this item has already been investigated and was verified. So now what do I do? I'm guessing go back to the OC and pick up from where BJS suggested to do.

What I am having a hard time with is the fact that I have 6 paid CO accounts all with DOFD 8/00 that were all noted on the TL's back in March 07 when I pulled my CR, yet when i started this process in JUly (before finding this site) and started disputing miraculously the original DOFD that had been sitting there for 6 years 11 months disappeared when they sent the investigation results with item verified. Again, before finding this site, I went back to the CRA and said, whoa, how can you report a DOFD on all your previous reports from 2000 to 2007 (I supplied them copies of their reports) and now your not even showing a payment history at all on some and changed dates on others. I feel like I am just going around in circles. I requested their MOV but all I got was the OC/CA's name, address and phone number. No mention of anything else. Is this what they call their MOV? From what I can see this information is nothing more then what they include in all their investigation results. On the results it says you can request how the item was verfiied, blah blah blah but after requesting this information all I ever recevied was name, address and phone #................In total I have 14 baddies, 6 obsolete Paid CO, 4 w/lates, 2 collections, 2 PR (which 1 of these PR is the same as one of the CO) I thought getting these 6 off would be easy because they are so old, boy was I wrong!

Any other suggestions on how to handle this or do I stick to the BJS plan?

Thanks everyone!

per section 623(a)(8) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act), you are required to provide them with a notice that:

-Identifies the specific itiem of information that is in dispute

-Explains the basis of the dispute; and

-Includes all supporting documentation required to substantiate the basis for the dispute

Return there letter with this information and then they are on the hook for a valid response within 30 days.

Thank You!!!!! Im goign to send that letter off next week!