My credit report reads as this:

Dover Justive of the Pea

Docket#: 500090117

516 West Looskerman

blah blah

Type: Civil Judgement

Date Filed: 11/2005

Amount: $1,671

So I went to the court house and picked up the docket for myself.

Here is what i notice is differnt.

JP Court 16

Address: 1 Bank Lane

Case Type: JP DEBT Action

Claim Value: 1701.26

Date of original filing: 08/2005

1) Is any of these things disputable with the CRA?

2) is my best action for this to dispute with the CRA

3) Whats the best strategy to get this removed?

I'll bump this because I'm curious to know too..

I posted a similar thread in the BK forum about the fact that the BK info on all three of my CR's are different...And I did get a response that you should dispute anything that is wrong, but I never received the best method of doing so.

Good question. :)

I'll bump this because I'm curious to know too..

I posted a similar thread in the BK forum about the fact that the BK info on all three of my CR's are different...And I did get a response that you should dispute anything that is wrong, but I never received the best method of doing so.

Good question. :)

What's different about your BK info?

My credit report reads as this:

Dover Justive of the Pea

Docket#: 500090117

516 West Looskerman

blah blah

Type: Civil Judgement

Date Filed: 11/2005

Amount: $1,671

So I went to the court house and picked up the docket for myself.

Here is what i notice is differnt.

JP Court 16

Address: 1 Bank Lane

Case Type: JP DEBT Action

Claim Value: 1701.26

Date of original filing: 08/2005

1) Is any of these things disputable with the CRA?

2) is my best action for this to dispute with the CRA

3) Whats the best strategy to get this removed?

Not sure about the address or name but I assume the "clame value" is different due to court fees being awarded. The filing date is probably off due to it not being reported until a judgment was awarded.

Some people have had success disputing judgments but I personally have not. I contacted the OC and their lawyer to see if they would vacate it if I paid it. The lawyer told me he would have no problems filing a motion to vacate as long as the OC agreed. I paid it, faxed the proof that I paid it to the OC, and then contacted their lawyer. He sent the paperwork for my signature which I signed and returned a little over a week ago. I disputed the status yesterday as vacated/dismissed. Just waiting for it to update.

Remember, if the dispute doesn't work to remove it and you pay it, try to file a motion to vacate. Otherwise it will just be updated to "satisfied" on your report.

Ok, was it ever paid? You can try to dispute this with the CRAs but unless it was ever paid and you end up being really lucky, this will most likely not come off.

Second, once you do pay it, it isn't up to the OC or the Lawyer as to whether or not it remains on your CR. The action is public record, the CRAs have services with groups that do nothing but go out searching public records sites to update their reports.

Finally, you can attempt to vacate the judgment but you need to have a real good reason to do so. Most courts have time limits in which one can be filed and the fact that you paid the judgment may not be a good reason to the judge.

I myself have had success with just disputing a judgment as vacated/discharged/satisfied without having to go through the step of vacating but you do need to have it at least satisfied. I've also seen here on the boards where people have also been successful at getting judgments removed just by disputing the address that they judgment is attached to. You might want to try any of these routes and see if they help.

Second, once you do pay it, it isn't up to the OC or the Lawyer as to whether or not it remains on your CR. The action is public record, the CRAs have services with groups that do nothing but go out searching public records sites to update their reports.

Finally, you can attempt to vacate the judgment but you need to have a real good reason to do so. Most courts have time limits in which one can be filed and the fact that you paid the judgment may not be a good reason to the judge.

You only need a good reason if it has not been satisfied. If you pay it, and the lawyer is willing to sign the motion to vacate (will usually only do it if the OC says its ok), then it is VERY easy. The Judge would only decide against it if you were challenging an unsatisfied judgment, which you obviously are not if it has already been paid and have signatures. Time limits to file a motion to vacate only apply if it has not been satisfied. If both the plaintiff (them) and the defendant (you) both agree, there is no limit (check with your state laws, but im pretty sure thats standard).

If it has not been satisfied, having it removed by dispute may only be temporary, as it may very well show up again down the road. Vacating it is the only way I know of (other than waiting for it to fall off) having it stay gone for sure. I would dispute it and then continue to take the necessary steps to have it vacated.

Well my judgments have been off my CRs since they were taken care of a few years ago. It's up to you how you want to pursue it. I was tired of chasing the attorney and running down to the courthouse so I just disputed it online. Never had to see another lawyer, judge, clerk or courthouse again after I did a plain old dispute. I would try disputing it first.

Judgments remain valid for the time period deemed appropriate by (your) state's law regardless of their appearance on your CR. This is their true danger. Some of the possible implications are wage garnishment, seizure of bank accounts and attachment to real property.

Many consumers have disputed judgments and other legal items off of their CR's. If you do not own property, or don't plan to for the specified time period; this may be a satisfying experience. But for property owners, or those who plan to purchase real estate, this could bring a shocking halt to any finance/re-finance action. Just FYI...