Crap 1 "I SETTLED"

Ruby

So I emailed the CEO Mr Fairbanks and get an email stating that my account was reffered to someone in the excutive office. long story short I setteled for 50% of the 2 accounts that I had. I know its not good to settle but i'm closing on a house and that was the quickest thing to do. I disputed the account originally and they verified and even sent me my original application and my last 4 bills on both accounts. So what do you think guys?

SMART MOVE OR NOT SO SMART MOVE?

I sent a GW email to richard.fairbank@capitalone.com and recieved a response from Erika Davis in the executive offices today. I had originally emailed about the account I've had with them for 16 months without a CLI, and a CC I had with them in 2001 that went into default but I ened up paying off a couple of years later. She has given me her office number, and wants me to call her directly, will be doing that later to see what I can accomplish.

I sent a GW email to richard.fairbank@capitalone.com and recieved a response from Erika Davis in the executive offices today. I had originally emailed about the account I've had with them for 16 months without a CLI, and a CC I had with them in 2001 that went into default but I ened up paying off a couple of years later. She has given me her office number, and wants me to call her directly, will be doing that later to see what I can accomplish.

It's very irresponsible to post email addresses of executives. He is going to get flooded with emails today and they are simply going to delete them all and change his email address. Some information should not be shared with the masses!

You posted this before you even spoke to them. If they find out you shared this address with the world how helpful do you think they are going to be?

I have some great addresses and phone numbers. I don't share them with everyone. I do occasionally send a PM to someone if I feel they have exhausted all their options.

that email has been posted on many boards...most CEOs have a private email and a public one that is answered by a staff.

I prob will use it myself soon..I have been going back and forth trying to settle...they keep sending me letters asking me to call....

I had never seen it before and I'm sure many others have not either. Emails should only be sent as a last resort. Sending emails for every little thing will result in them not accepting them and ruin it for everyone.:neutral:

I'm pretty sure mr Fairbanks is bombarded with hundreds of emails everyday. I dought he will change his email (from what I read that is cap1 standards, first.last@capitalone.com). I don't think mr Fairbanks reads all of these emails. Every post that I read ended up with the email being forwarded to someone in his office. From what I learned in this wonderful forum is that we all are here to help each other out. If you have a capital one account and need to settle email richard.fairbank@capitalone.com. In the email include your cap1 account #'s and your address and most likely it will be forwarded to someone in his office. BE READY TO SETTLE FOR ABOUT 50%

Sending emails for every little thing will result in them not accepting them and ruin it for everyone.:neutral:
If anyone is sending emails it probably gonna end up in a settlement. I truly believe cap1 would love to settle. Why would they stop doing something thats bringing them money?

This email address was put out there about a month back also from a person that had recently gotten a GW to work. After this poster posted this address someone from Mr. Fairbanks office contacted the poster and ask if they were giving out the email address b/c of all the recent GW request. The folks that sent these request then started getting rejected. Crap1 is VERY stingy on GW's and this spam will make the chances even less likely. What would you think if all the sudden you got 50 emails for GW/Settlement offers. If it's a settlement you're looking for all you have to do is call Crap1's collection department and they will work one out with you. The only time the sue is when you haven't worked something out.

It's very irresponsible to post email addresses of executives. He is going to get flooded with emails today and they are simply going to delete them all and change his email address. Some information should not be shared with the masses!

You posted this before you even spoke to them. If they find out you shared this address with the world how helpful do you think they are going to be?

I have some great addresses and phone numbers. I don't share them with everyone. I do occasionally send a PM to someone if I feel they have exhausted all their options.

It is obvious that most of the CEO's email addresses are not private knowledge and if you felt that way about what the OP did then I think you should have sent a PM instead of blasting someone the way you did :ah:ah:ah:. He is just celebrating that he got to settle something quick fast and wanted to share with others if they have been experiencing the same thing!

It is obvious that most of the CEO's email addresses are not private knowledge and if you felt that way about what the OP did then I think you should have sent a PM instead of blasting someone the way you did :ah:ah:ah:. He is just celebrating that he got to settle something quick fast and wanted to share with others if they have been experiencing the same thing!

Why send a PM? The OP publicly posted the information and encouraged people to email the CEO of a company when they could just as easily call the proper department and get the same result. This site has thousands of visitors everyday. When the CEO starts getting tens of thousand of emails what do you think is going to happen to them? DELETE!

As I said, I have CEO addresses as well. If someone REALLY needs to email a CEO then I share or encourage them to find the info on their own. I have sent many PM's to people about this. Most any CEO's email can be found on the web but that doesn't mean we should bring attention to it.

From my personal experience, I will no longer use any email addresses posted on this forum.

Ditto, VeVe.

I saw the Crap1 Email address in another forum and figured, "Why the hell not?" .. So I shot him an Email regarding an old account from 1999 that is still being reported on my CR. Not only did I sent the Email with both delivery receipt and read receipt requested, but I received both receipts back stating that my Email was delivered and was read by someone in his office.

I never received a response.

It was shortly thereafter that some people began receiving rejection letters from Crap1 and it was shortly thereafter that Crap1 began reporting additional interest on my account.

:cool:

Why send a PM? The OP publicly posted the information and encouraged people to email the CEO of a company when they could just as easily call the proper department and get the same result. This site has thousands of visitors everyday. When the CEO starts getting tens of thousand of emails what do you think is going to happen to them? DELETE!

As I said, I have CEO addresses as well. If someone REALLY needs to email a CEO then I share or encourage them to find the info on their own. I have sent many PM's to people about this. Most any CEO's email can be found on the web but that doesn't mean we should bring attention to it.

I am not saying to bring attention to it what "I" stated was that the OP was just celebrating what was accomplished and it just seems you just went flying off in another direction.

Ditto, VeVe.

I saw the Crap1 Email address in another forum and figured, "Why the hell not?" .. So I shot him an Email regarding an old account from 1999 that is still being reported on my CR. Not only did I sent the Email with both delivery receipt and read receipt requested, but I received both receipts back stating that my Email was delivered and was read by someone in his office.

I never received a response.

It was shortly thereafter that some people began receiving rejection letters from Crap1 and it was shortly thereafter that Crap1 began reporting additional interest on my account.

:cool:

This is why emails are only for LAST RESORT! They not only hurt other people but they hurt YOU as well. It's just not a good idea...:shock:

I am not saying to bring attention to it what "I" stated was that the OP was just celebrating what was accomplished and it just seems you just went flying off in another direction.

That is because her actions can not only have a negative affect on her but they can also affect the rest of us! I don't have any issues with this company but I would like to think that if I did and I had done EVERYTHING else then I could send an email.

This is why emails are only for LAST RESORT! They not only hurt other people but they hurt YOU as well. It's just not a good idea...:shock:

My email wasn't asking for a goodwill, or anything close to that. It was about a legitimate issue that they refuse to address and is likely to end up in a lawsuit of some sort if they continue to ignore it. I've made many phone calls and sent many letters. Nobody seems to be "the right person."