JCPenny Approvals

Well, I heard that JCPenny is pretty easy to get an approval for so I decided to try them and got the 7 - 10 day message with a pull from EQ and a FICO of 680. Anyone out there know if they give instant approvals or did I get the "you sure and are denied".

Well I called and was denied. :shock: I don't shop there anyway.. :(

I went to buy something and did not know if I had enough credit to buy what I wanted, the item was 500.00 the sales person went to check and came back beaming saying I had 5000.00 in credit with them and then would not sell me the 500.00 item I wanted...he kept trying to sell me 2000.00 items I did not want..I finally ordered the item I wanted thru the catalog....but the sales person was a hassle when he found otu how much credit I had...I ended up buying the 500.00 item and that was it when it was paid off I closed the account

Their stuff is overpriced anyway...save your credit

I must have slipped through some sort of credit wormhole or something with them. I got a pre-approval from them when I had NO cards and MULTIPLE derogatories. They even started me right out with a $500 CL. Because of them I have a history to show for new cards.

It's actually been quite handy as a pseudo-visa. It's accepted at CVS (where I intern) and Eckerds, so when we took our trip it came in quite handy for drinks and snacks and tanning lotion, stuff like that. Also, everything is always on sale, there's no such thing as retail price there that I've ever seen. Definitely more expensive than Walmart, but not quite as inferior goods... got all new cookware there and I always order my 36" length jeans and pants from their big n' tall. They also have really good cardholder sales and extended dates and free shipping and stuff.

So, if you could get it, it's a decent card. They must be tightening up though.

Since being from Canada, and having absolutely no credit down here, I tried for JCPenney using my Canadian address, SIN (Social Insurance Number) and after verifying me over the phone, I was approved in the store for $1500. I have no idea what my Canadian FICO was, but the idea was to get the card, and then in a few months switch all the info to my information down here.

I must have slipped through too, because they sent me a "pre-approval" letter in the mail a couple months ago and I said WTH. I signed in online and it said I had a $300 limit. They pulled EQ and my FICO at the time was like 517. I never Shop at JCP, but I do shop at CVS ALL the time and use my debit card there. Maybe they track your purchases like Target does??

Well I called and was denied. :shock: I don't shop there anyway.. :(

There are just some companies you don't want to do business with.

Our experience w/ them was horrid. My dh's ex and her b/f she'd left him to be with, purchased her engagement ring on my dh's acct there...when he went to them to tell them this, all they did was close it and report on his cr's as a "stolen acct, resolved-consumer disagrees." Well, he disagreed because they flippin' transferred the balance to a NEW account and sent him to collections! We've been fighting them ever since until this last year I finally just reported them to whoever would lend an ear.

I truly don't feel you're missing out on MUCH, sorry.

Elyse

There are just some companies you don't want to do business with.

Our experience w/ them was horrid. My dh's ex and her b/f she'd left him to be with, purchased her engagement ring on my dh's acct there...when he went to them to tell them this, all they did was close it and report on his cr's as a "stolen acct, resolved-consumer disagrees." Well, he disagreed because they flippin' transferred the balance to a NEW account and sent him to collections! We've been fighting them ever since until this last year I finally just reported them to whoever would lend an ear.

I truly don't feel you're missing out on MUCH, sorry.

Elyse

Thanks. After all the post I've decided to say EFF YOU JCPENNY!

Just fyi- Lowe's gladly approved me within weeks of a JC Penney denial. Both GEMB. Sometimes these approvals are like roulette.

you got that right. GEMB Denied me for 1 WM card, approved for me for 2K Sams discover card, then approved me for 500 WM store only. they denied another store card too. LOL