Care Credit Sued after Paid

mandydm318

Hey Guys I am working on an issue for my parents:

They had 2 Care Credit accounts that were defaulted, then they started getting letters threatening to sue. So my mom called them, they are the OC and set up a settlement and auto payments to be withdrawn from her bank account.

All of the payments were withdrawn and care credit sent a notice each time they withdrew payment with acct number and amount of payment that was withdrawn. And we have all letters and bank statements supporting the paid amounts.

Then one day my mom receives a summons from a local attorney. I answered the summons and sent them all the supporting documentation and we never heard from the attorney or the courts again. Apparently they withdrew the suit.

But now they are still showing on CR as delinquent accts with balances due. I disputed through TU and it came back verified. What should I do now?

I am hoping that when the arrangements were set up with the OC, there was also a stipulation that this negative information will be removed from their credit report otherwise once paid off, it will appear as a paid collection! :( The credit reports shows the account as being delinquent, which it was and with a balance, which I am assuming it still does. I would get all of the paperwork the see when the final payment is due to come out of their account. Also, never let these companies have access to your bank account! xhotx When you see the final payment coming close, I would contact them and request a letter from them showing the account is paid in full and have them remove it from their credit report...otherwise it still hurts them! :evil:

I am hoping that when the arrangements were set up with the OC, there was also a stipulation that this negative information will be removed from their credit report otherwise once paid off, it will appear as a paid collection! :( The credit reports shows the account as being delinquent, which it was and with a balance, which I am assuming it still does. I would get all of the paperwork the see when the final payment is due to come out of their account. Also, never let these companies have access to your bank account! xhotx When you see the final payment coming close, I would contact them and request a letter from them showing the account is paid in full and have them remove it from their credit report...otherwise it still hurts them! :evil:

I totally agree! [:-)x

all of the payments have been made and we do have a letter from them saying that the final payment was made on such and such date i dont know that it reads paid in full exactly but i do know it says something about a final payment. I dont have it with me as i am at work. But i know they acknowledged the final payment and i have a letter saying when each payment was made.

The thing is they are verifying on CRs that there is still a huge balance owed even after i sent all of the paperwork to their lawyer when he was trying to sue!!!