Disputing Collection Tradeline with Credit Bureau

postal69

Hello, I am fairly new to credit repair and really am learning so much from this forum. I do have a question. I am trying to find out what is the most simpliest way to writing a letter disputing collections accounts with the credit bureaus.

What exactly do you say and how many accounts should you dispute at one time in one letter? Thanks in advance,

DML

Welcome to the boards! Well, with online disputes it's actually quite easy. I think it's EQ that allows only 5 disputed items at a time and each CRA has boxes you check that are the closest as to why you are disputing.

If you want to gung ho it, you can send in a letter outlining the name and all the information you have about the account then put in there why you are disputing. That would also include having to send in documentation supporting your reason. Also make sure to send in a copy of your DL, they sometimes like to claim to need more information to force an extension to the investigation. If you get a letter requesting documentation, don't send it. This will turn the 30 day wait to a 45 day wait. Hope this helps.