Credit Acceptance anyone?

isislc

Nah, they're an OC. I bought a car that turned out to be a major lemon and they were the holders of my loan. They are located in Michigan.

did it end up being a repo with a deficiency? If so, did they follow the letter of the law as far as notice before and after the sale of the vehicle? If they don't you may not owe them anything and they can't report you owe anything. You could also use this leverage to get a delete.

Actually, it was a lemon car, died and I left it where it was. Called them and told them to come get their car. They said no unless I fixed it, what a laugh. The city took it and I'm assuming that they contacted them about the car being destroyed since they have a lean on the title but I've heard nothing about it since then. It was a piece of crap car I'm glad it's gone. It just says that it was transferred to a CA/Lawyer. I haven't heard anything from anyone though, not even a letter since my address has not changed.

Right now I'm just hoping to last this thing out till SOL. lol.

When you say "I got the bill" are you referring to the towing bill or the required documents for a repo? I know that the last you knew was that it was towed but if this thing eventually ended up as a repo and they did not give the required info then they have about two years till SOL or four years if they did provide the paperwork. Repo's are really hard to collect on so hopefully the odds are on your side.

I have not heard a single thing from the finance company. What I was refering to of getting that is the bill from the city for the towing and disposal of the vehicle.

This is a tough one.. maybe LadyNRed can chime it, but since the city disposed of the vehicle and they credit has not been able to repo it seems like you are siimply in default right now, making the SOL 6 years.

I had Credit Acceptance. Unfortunately, my experience I don't think will help that much, but it does give a perspective nonetheless:

I had them for, like you, a P.O.S. car I bought in 1996 (I was young, stupid, and needed wheels), was late many times, and in one case, even called them up to pick up the car (voluntary repo), as the damn thing broke down on the side of the road. Well, I was actually able to get it fixed for cheap, and was able to withdraw the request in time. Time went on, and I fell into some money in 1997, that allowed me to pay them back completely, although I was showing NUMEROUS lates. Kind of hard to make car payments and repair payments just about every month...

Anyway, I had their tradeline on my report/s, and every so often, I would dispute the late payments, and they always came back as "verified". I let it be, as my credit was getting better and better anway, and as time went on they mattered less and less.

So, fast forward to 2007: they are still on my credit reports, however, apparently, they no longer report they payment status's, and it's actually become a somewhat positive tradeline! I forget what the precise status is, something like, "Paid, or Pays as Agreed" with absolutely no reference to any late payments whatsoever.

So, that's my story with CAC, like I said, probably won't help you much, but at least there's someone else here that's apparently dealt with them!

Credit Acceptance sent my account to an attorney and they sued me. It is the case I just tried to have vacated last week. Anyway if they have your account with an attorney I would try to work out something because they will sue and for almost the original amount.I wasnt able to get the case drop but the judge did order they work out a payment plan drop the intrest and not put anything on my credit report as long as my payments are made each month.Good luck.