CreditFixerUpper

Hello all,

This is my first post. I'm hoping to become hopelessly addicted to fixing my credit. I have 9 negative items on my report (I know thats a lot) but I've started.

I disputed 8 of them. Some are very old but keep getting renewed by collectors. I'm hoping to get some of these off. The Statute of limitations has run on about all of them. Some have been settled or paid but remain on (i want those off too).

I hope I took the correct first steps.

My question for today is...If something is settled or paid off like a revolving debt or a mortgage. Can you get that off before the time for it to fall off? I disputed stuff that says its about to come off in 2008 because I need it off now. In hopes that no one will contest it and it can come off.

Am I headed in the right direction? Should I be doing anything else?

Thanks in Advance

I know it seems totally overwhelming, but 9 isn't all that many, I know it seems like a mountain though. Just read this board until your eyes hurt and you're falling asleep at the computer. ( I still do). And don't give up, just keep reading and working on it and you will be soooo happy you did! And by the way, :)++

Thanks for all the encouragement...I did online disputes on Saturday night and will send out DVs to collection Agencies on Monday....I think this is the correct next step.

Still confused about soft & hard inquiries and getting them off through "bumping" or other methods.

Do each of the 3 reporting agencies offer tracking like TrueCredit? or do I just sign up with all 3? Is there a difference about how manytimes you can check your credit depending on how you sign up? What triggers an inquiry? I'm signed up with Experian right now. So are you saying that everytime I log in and check my report thats an inquiry?

Thanks