CITI Credit Card

Just curious...

I applied with a CITI card on Thursday got the message that they would let me know. But gave me options to go ahead and set up on my account user name and password and select paperless billing. I haven't called yet but just curious if anyone else had a similar experience and got the CITI card?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citi® Platinum Select® Card

I tired to log into my account with citibank and it said, please do not try to access your account until you get the card in the mail and activate it. So apparently I got approved, just don't know for how much?

How long does it take to get a credit card now days? I haven't gotten a new one in so long.

My Citibank card came in 5 days. I was originally approved for the Citi Premier Pass.. They say that its 2k but at the same time has no preset spending limit.

The problem with my card is that it does not show a credit limit on the creports. I called them and upgraded to another card..with a 2k limit.

Congrats:D

Fizzle and NY what were your scores at when you applied and what report did they pull? Apparently the Citi Platinum was in a recent article as a good card to apply for with bad credit.

They only pulled EQ FICO 717 for me. It's 0% for 12 months then 9.74%

I just found this number and called it. 888-201-4523

They mailed me a letter requesting additional informatoin.

Utility Bill in my name at my address.

Bank statement in my name at my address.

Pay Stub in my name with the last four of the social.

Argh. Most of my mail goes to a US PO Box. I know I have a utility bill that goes to my physical address, none of my bank statements do, and I don't think our pay stubs show the last four of my social. I'm just going to send them my apartment lease agreement with that I got and hopefully that will work.

My DH got the same thing. He had spoke with a cs rep and they told him more likely he would be approved. He was later denied, the paper said he didn't submit the additional proper information. He waited about a month and applied again, they didn't ask him for any of that information, just a few security questions because of his FA. He was approved for $3000. Good luck I hope you get it!

• 2 weeks later...
My DH got the same thing. He had spoke with a cs rep and they told him more likely he would be approved. He was later denied, the paper said he didn't submit the additional proper information. He waited about a month and applied again, they didn't ask him for any of that information, just a few security questions because of his FA. He was approved for $3000. Good luck I hope you get it!

I sent the information they requested last week, called today...thye DENIED me because they were unable to verify the information I sent. I'm SOFA KING pissed.

OK so I just called Citi bank to find out why I was denied. Basically because I don't have a home phone. The supervisor said that the letter they sent me, asked for the original (not a copy) of my home telephone bill. I told her I did not have a home phone bill and that I sent in a copy of my cell phone bill because I do not get mailed copies of my cell phone bill, because I do paperless. She said that was why I was denied. She said I could send in a credit card statement instead. I told her it didn't say that in the letter they sent, nor did I get a letter or phone call from Citi telling me the cell phone bill I sent in was not acceptable. Needless to say 11 minutes and 31 seconds after I hit "send" on my cell phone I ended the call. Just typed up a letter to Kenneth Stork (Citi CEO) sending it CMRRR today. I'm giving him until 11/15/07 to respond to my concerns before I file complaints with various agencies.

Basically, in my opinion, they are denying applicants based on whether they have a home phone or not. Only upon calling to find out what you have been denied for will you find out the cell phone bill is not acceptable.

OK so I just called Citi bank to find out why I was denied. Basically because I don't have a home phone. The supervisor said that the letter they sent me, asked for the original (not a copy) of my home telephone bill. I told her I did not have a home phone bill and that I sent in a copy of my cell phone bill because I do not get mailed copies of my cell phone bill, because I do paperless. She said that was why I was denied. She said I could send in a credit card statement instead. I told her it didn't say that in the letter they sent, nor did I get a letter or phone call from Citi telling me the cell phone bill I sent in was not acceptable. Needless to say 11 minutes and 31 seconds after I hit "send" on my cell phone I ended the call. Just typed up a letter to Kenneth Stork (Citi CEO) sending it CMRRR today. I'm giving him until 11/15/07 to respond to my concerns before I file complaints with various agencies.

Basically, in my opinion, they are denying applicants based on whether they have a home phone or not. Only upon calling to find out what you have been denied for will you find out the cell phone bill is not acceptable.

I remember the letter said at the bottom if you don't have a home phone to send in a copy of a credit card bill dated within the last 3 months. They still denied him, even though he sent in what they asked for. He still got the card a month later, but it cost him another inquiry. Why make people go through all that when they're just going to deny you. Again, try www.planetfeedback also. I found out about that site after the fact. Let us know if you get a response to your letter.

I remember the letter said at the bottom if you don't have a home phone to send in a copy of a credit card bill dated within the last 3 months. They still denied him, even though he sent in what they asked for. He still got the card a month later, but it cost him another inquiry. Why make people go through all that when they're just going to deny you. Again, try www.planetfeedback also. I found out about that site after the fact. Let us know if you get a response to your letter.

THe letter says send us all of the following:

Your most recent home telephone bill. We need the original (not a copy) showing the telephone number and the name and address for that number. [What different does the original make?]

A copy of ONE of the following, which clearly show your namea nd home address:

A bank statement.

A credit card statement.

A utility bill than your telephone bill.

A copy of your most recent pay statement clearly showing your name and the date.

I sent in a cell phone bill, pay stud and light bill.

Cell phone bill and pay stud shows my PO BOX address and light bill shows my physical address. I don't like sending important stuff like bank statements, credit cards, etc to my physical address at an apt complex where there is no lock for the mail box. Talk about prime target for ID theft.

And I assure you I will get a response from Citi. If I have to go to the CEO's office myself.

BTW ... I already got my Inquiry deleted from EQ the only CRA they pulled. But that's not the point!