ladyjen80

yet another judgment question.

DH has a Judgment reporting on equifax and experian.

It was disputed and deleted off of equifax, experian is giving a hard time. I know that once its in judgment and public record that the creditor cant change any reporting about it, but i sent them a letter anyway. They sent me one saying that the judgment had been sold???? can they do that? and if its been sold, then how are they alowed to be the creditor listed in the judgment?

There are four segments of CR's:

Personal Data

Credit Data (Tradelines)

Inquiries

Public Records

Information in the last segment comes from open Public Records found at various courthouse locations. The data is what is listed in the court record. As such, the plaintiff should be shown. Judgments and other legal matters may still be sold/transferred/assigned like all bad debt to outside collection agencies. It is also possible for a new TL to appear in the Credit Data segment reflecting a CA's ownership/assigment of the debt. This would not change the PR.

The PR should be listed as it appears in (the appropriate county/parrish's) Public Records, with the original amount.

IF a TL were to appear (the chances are slim but possible) the balance owing would properly reflect the judgment amount plus any fees & interest.

So, yea, the answer is yes. :)