Citi denied me

I now have no negs and alot of good standing accounts...I got a preapproved application for a business card, so I applied online and was declined with the message they would send me a letter in 7-10 days with the denial reasons...they pulled all 3 reports...nothing bad showing now

Maybe too many new cards?

I applied 09/26/07 and got a message that said they would let me know. They only pulled EQ for me (717) but I still haven't heard anything. They went ahead and let me set up options for online bill payment, paperless billing and what time of the month I wanted my payment date. So I'm told that usually means I got approved.

I now have no negs and alot of good standing accounts...I got a preapproved application for a business card, so I applied online and was declined with the message they would send me a letter in 7-10 days with the denial reasons...they pulled all 3 reports...nothing bad showing now

Maybe too many new cards?

I'm sorry. Yes, it's possible. I know I got denied from Walmart due to "accounts too new" or some such thing. Maybe consider giving them a call for a more detailed explanation? I would also say, "when could I apply again?" That's what I did once and I ended up getting the cc! Than again--it was only Orchard. Sorry this happened, but don't give up.

How old are your accts that you have?

Elyse

My DH applied for a citi card and got the 7-10 day message and then he received an email asking for proof of his identity, which he sent in. He was later denied and I think a month later he applied again and was approved for $3000. Without asking him to send in proof of identity. They just asked him a few security questions because of his FA. So I don't know, they're weird I guess.

He has a reposession still on two of his reports and he had 4 new accounts, most of which were opened 2 months before.

Have you ever tried planetfeedback? I had a few relatives that were denied credit with citi and were approved after using planetfeedback. Just save the letter because you will need a reference number which will be listed in the letter of denial. They also responded fast. So, don't give up. With a clean report I see no reason for you not to get it. Good luck!