Has Anyoned Faxed Their Disputes Recently?

Here are a couple more fax #'s and email addys:

CSC - ATTN Bea Hilton (special handling) 281-878-5088

EQ - dinah.watson@equifax.com

EX - lee.lundy@experian.com

TU - Dave Wolf (special handling) 312-466-8707

With CSC I was able to fax in dispute and copy of letter from CA agreeing to delete b/c they couldn't verify. CA account was delted the next day and they ARE reinvestigating what I ask for.

TU - He accepted the fax but received letter that they wouldn't send me an MOV regarding the Midland Account.

I didn't email EX I used the fax number the OP had. But TU and EQ did accept the faxes and I have positive and no results lol if that makes sense.

I'm also dealing with Midland ~ bastardos. I've complained to the BBB, TX AG and FTC. Hopefully that will make them go AWAY! You really should try the BBB/AG in your state and see what you can get done that way!!

Good luck to you!

Lately I have been doing everything via fax, as I learned that a fax transmission report can be used as a document evidencing receipt of correspondence...So far, I've been pretty lucky with everything that I've done. EQ actually has until tomorrow to respond to my fax. So we shall see!

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone share their experience with faxing disputes (within the past few months)?

Here are the Fax numbers I have:

EQ 866.233.3777

EX 972.390.3838

TU 610.546.4606

Those are the numbers I've been using with success. Just now faxed off to EX and TU successfully.

Got a busy from EQ. That moving target may have yet moved again. I pulled this number from the BBB website. (678) 795-7798

Some EQ FAX number info.

Perhaps good

404-885-8988 - Tone

678-795-7798 - Tone (from BBB webpage)

866-838-1016 - Tone

888-729-0083 - Tone

Bad

281-878-1974 - No answer, just rings

404-612-3150 - Odd fast signal

866-233-3777 - No answer, just rings

866-838-1017 - No longer used recording

800-395-6440 - Not in service recording

I called 866-233-3777 and just let it ring for a while on the speakerphone. After about 2.5 minutes, I got a recording:

"Your party is not answering. Please try your call later. We're sorry, but your call will now be disconnected. 905U2."

It repeats. Too bad 'cause I so wanted a human to answer so I could tell 'em, "Oh yeah, well 905 you too, pal."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

EQ fax number update

678-795-7798 - No answer

Still getting tone on these.

404-885-8988 - Tone

This one shows up on a shareholder report.

http://www.equifax.com/corp/investorcenter/annualReport2006/shareholder.html

888-729-0083 - Tone

This one shows up in a sales brochure. Should still work for a dispute.

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/equicom/prod/images/uib/images/EFX_WEB/en_US/Equifax_Tri_Score.pdf

866-838-1016 - Tone

Can you give me an idea of what letter you are using when you fax it over... For example, do you have in there please call me when you receive this to let me know you received it? Or are you just waiting for the receipt from the fax machine and assuming it went to the right place. Thats what I would be worried about...

CloudX

Can you give me an idea of what letter you are using when you fax it over

I'm using MS Word to create a FAX cover sheet. In the comments of the cover sheet, I enter my dispute.

I include a zoomed up photocopy of my Driver's License and SSN card on one page. Plus I include a photocopy of a recent utility bill that's only one page.

Cover sheet plus 2 pages.

I try to keep 'em simple, and I don't sign 'em. Haven't had a problem, yet.

Here's one I sent yesterday.

An account from <creditor name> showing account # xxxxxxxxx is too old to report.

DOB: <month> <day>, <year>

SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx

could I fax in a request to EX to remove an FA? EQ accepted fax but EX says it must be mailed...

I know that I FAXed in requests to all 3 CRAs to remove an FA, but I cannot recall whether EX honored it or not.

The trick with EX is to include a copy of your Driver's License, SSN card, and a recent utility bill. That usually satisfies them, I think even for FA removal.