OC Contacted CA After C&D, Violation?

ConfusedToo

I have been battling with A$$et Acceptance, finally sent them a C&D. Went personally to the OC, at first they were willing to help clear this account.

The friendly man at the OC called A$$et (without my prior knowledge) and they told him to have me call them since they now owned the account, they would be glad to help me.

Is this a collection effort since I had sent A$$et a C&D several weeks prior to the call, and therefore a violation?

If Asset called you- that would be a violation.

Creditors and CA's talking about your valid debt is not a violation..

no matter who initiates the call...

the violation is the CA initiating communication with you.

You contacting a CA after you C&D them is NOT a violation.

Also, if the debt is still within the SOL... only a fool would

suggest a C&D.

why?

because then the ONLY way they can contact you is to sue you.

Also,

What is your goal?

A. To wiggle out of a valid debt?

or

B. Pay the debt and get the TL removed?

Remember,

This site is about helping people get B., not A

:-)

I was in the process of communicating with the OC originally because I saw their tradeline. In the midst of the communications, they sold it to Asset, before I even had a chance to negotiate with them. It's like I contacted them, they answered my letter, then sold it like a hot potato. They stated that yes, it was mine and what it was for. I was more than willing once I found out what the heck it was, to settle it.

Of course once it got to Asset, the amount doubled.

Asset has the date of last activity incorrect, (to my advantage) so according to that, the SOL is up. I'm thinking to just leave it alone for a while.

No, I am not trying to wiggle out of this, neither am I willing to pay A$$et double the original amount.

Asset has the date of last activity incorrect, (to my advantage) so according to that, the SOL is up. I'm thinking to just leave it alone for a while.

The Date of Last Activity HAS NOTHING TO DO with SOL. SOL is determined by when you stopped paying. It's called DOFD: Date of First Delinquency.