Anyone using iGobanking.com / 5.17% ?

charlanyc

You might want to look at the points and the fine print on this also.
The rate quoted was for savings account.

Looks pretty solid. Thanks for the sharing. High yield, daily compounding, no minimum, and MOST IMPORTANTLY it is FDIC insured. What more could you want? Looks like my ING funds will be getting transferred.

Q: Will my deposits be FDIC Insured?

A: Yes, deposits on iGObanking.com, a division of Flushing Savings Bank, FSB, are FDIC insured up to the maximum allowable limits! For further information on our FDIC insurance, click on http://www2.fdic.gov/structur/search/isinsured.asp?CERT=16049.

Q: What is iGObanking.com's FDIC number?

A: The FDIC number for iGObanking.com is 16049.

Federal Insurance on your money. If your bank does not have it and goes under, your onlt recourse is a creditor claim and you'll get a penny on the dollar. With FDIC insurance, your deposits are guaranteed (up to either $100k or $250k per bank per account, can't remember). For cash assets, this is a no-brainer.

I don't know "flushing" money down the tolet? Wallet flushing (a term used in my business for shops that push services not required on your car)....

Who in the world names a bank "flushing"?????

Flushing is an area in Queens New York :lol: Ahh- I didn't notice this before. Flushing Bank has a few branches throughout NY. I just called (talked to someone with no waiting time :) ) and was told that I couldn't go to the branches for customer service, but it is good to know that they are associated with an established bank.

The rate quoted was for savings account.

Looks pretty solid. Thanks for the sharing. High yield, daily compounding, no minimum, and MOST IMPORTANTLY it is FDIC insured. What more could you want? Looks like my ING funds will be getting transferred.

Thanks for the extra info! I will be opening an account with them and another bank (undecided). The account transfer limits may be an issue for some people- I'm not concerned.

Here is what I found out so far:

iGObanking.com - 5.17% - Online division of Flushing Bank (here in NYC).

• transfer fund limits (confirmed in their FAQ).
  • Rated 3/5 stars at Bankrate.com

Reviews online report (I didn't call IGObanking to confirm):

• -$15k max withdrawal per day limit, $25k max withdrawal per month from the web
  • -may take 1-2 wks to setup to verify info.
  • -one day transfers with a $750 balance

• 3 weeks later...